Skincare & make up for Rosacea ??

Options

Comments

• Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Glad that it is helping you.. we all know what suits one doesn't necessarily suit another.

But it is what this site is all about - sharing ideas and tips etc.

I'm sitting here watching 'celeb get me out here' - lightly smeared with my comfrey :D - I still recommend that brand of comfrey for it is rich in the allantoin.
    :rotfl: me too

ps how do you pronounce allantoin ? :o
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    GFN123 wrote: »
    Suki - what is the OCM you mentioned? Sorry, you may have posted it further up but I couldn't see what it stands for.

Well, the foundation lasted through 4 hours at the pub. I reckon I would need a light 're-dusting' if I wore it for a whole day but I am very impressed :)

I am probably going for laser treatment next year, and was recommended glycolic peels to help reduce the scars. Has anyone heard anything bad about the peels? With such sensitive skin I am little worried it will burn all my skin off!!

Sorry - just seen this. OCM - http://www.theoilcleansingmethod.com/

Honestly this time last year a new GF (a beautician) was saying to me that I really needed to see a doctor as the amount of oil breaking through on me was unlike anything she had seen. I now get a normal healthy glow with a shift in the bar I work - and thats laying and lighting a fire, cleaning and doing bar and waiting tables and even popping in helping with the washing up.

Its a bit of a kerfuffle getting the mix right for your skin at first, start with say 20/80 and work up and only use it a few times a week at first. I Now only use the ocm when Im looking pretty congested otherwise a warm wet muslin cloth is enough
  • red
    red Posts: 666 Forumite
    Options
    Rachie_B wrote: »
    :rotfl: me too

ps how do you pronounce allantoin ? :o

it is pronounced alan (as in boy's name) twan...
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • red
    Options
    You can doubt all you like, and I really dont wish to sound rude, but I am not a spring chicken, and I have found something that suits, calms, not irritate and makes my skin better.

I have shared that, I am not an expert, and if others find it helps them, then great. Unlike you, I am not a scientist. But I do have experience.... and I have suffered for years and my skin is the best it has ever been. :D

If you want to think that the allantoin in EB is coincidence as to why that particular mineral make up suits me and not irritate me, then fine, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I have - please check other mineral make up threads - tried many makes. they itch like hell!! :eek:

I also remove my make with Johnson baby wipes - not the extra sensitive ones (cos they aggravate!!) - this is because, again, I have used just about everything, and they suit me. Guess I am just plain weird.......... :D

Sometimes you just have to trust in something.. - I can't prove to you anything - I am fed up with reading about what causes this or what causes that, sometimes we just have to trust and listen to ourselves and go with it.

We are, plainly, all individuals.

I am not trying to be provocative or anything, but i have to say, good point, well made.

i am, as posted earlier, indebted to jeannieblue...it is awful when your skin suddenly starts not only to misbehave but to lose control of it altogether...aside from feeling self-conscious on a day-to-day basis, it can lead to scarring and all sorts of misery.

i am fully aware that jeannieblue simply gave the benefit of her experience - she never guaranteed it worked and in fact only ever gave links when requested...i have used the products she has and i have seen a dramatic improvement. therefore, i wanted to say:

1. huge thanks to jeannie blue
    2. please keep posting to anyone (and jeannieblue) who can help others with the benefit of your experience
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • beautyscientist
    Options
    I didn't mean to come across as doubting or critical. I have been reading these comments about allantoin with interest. Its one of the really long standing ingredients and it is really intriguing that people seem to be getting benefits from it. I was just being a bit more scientific than people usually are I am afraid, and looking for alternative explanations.
    Student of the science of beauty
  • red
    Options
    I didn't mean to come across as doubting or critical. I have been reading these comments about allantoin with interest. Its one of the really long standing ingredients and it is really intriguing that people seem to be getting benefits from it. I was just being a bit more scientific than people usually are I am afraid, and looking for alternative explanations.

I think that is fair enough...it is just that it can be a bit hurtful when a perfectly innocent post suddenly gets an unfair criticall response - i have had it done to me on this website, and so hate it when i see it happening to others. jeannieblue simply said that it worked for her and your response had come across (to me at least) as if you were saying - it is all in your head and suggesting that the science is more beneficial than her own personal experience. i totally rate the science, but the fact that jeannieblue posted - without any reason other than to share something that worked for her - should be respected.

anyway, i am not trying to start an argument, and i think it is excellent that you have posted to explain, which i think makes sense. i just wanted to say that science or no science, jeannielue is bang on the money....perhaps from what you are saying, ahead of many people and organisations that would gladly cost us a lot more for her free advice...
  • Rachie_B
    Rachie_B Posts: 8,785 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    red wrote: »
    it is pronounced alan (as in boy's name) twan...
    thank you :o
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see its been a lively post whilst I've been at work all day... :D

I'm sitting here 'slimed up' with my rich in allantoin comfrey ointment :D

You know, its bugging the wotsits out of me.. for love nor money, I can't remember where or how I learnt about allantoin...

Thoughtfully Suki and a few others told me it was udder milk, love 'em.

You've all been very nice to me - but re the mineral make up, I learnt about it all on here. It did take a few brands before I found that EB suited me, and someone told me that allantoin was in their healing foundation - I didn't know it beforehand. It could've be one of several, but I'm hovering towards Veronarona - she knows everything :D

I'm also not sure how I found out about the Viridian comfrey either... but either way, I found it. The odd link or two etc. bit of a google, well, you just have to .. :D

I'm tempted to read through past threads, but I am a tad shattered tonight (most nights if I am honest-need a lottery win and retire :o ).
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

No worries :D

We're all individuals thats all. We all have our odd quirks etc., I probably have more than most.. ;)
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • GFN123
    GFN123 Posts: 208 Forumite
    Options
    I'm sitting here 'slimed up' with my rich in allantoin comfrey ointment :D

Me too! :cool:

I applied it last night (first time) before bed, but I used it very sparingly and didn't find it very greasy. I did feel like my skin could use 'more' of it somehow, as it was a little dry in the morning. I have used the "big hairband thingy" to keep all my hair off my face and washed my face as soon as I came in from work. I figure it's a waste if my pillow ends up moisturised and not me! :rotfl:

My skin already feels calmer, the mineral make up has been a wonder. It lasts all day at work, no touch-ups, and is the first make up I've ever used that not only looks very natural but hasn't aggravated my skin in any way :) I am so pleased!

If it helps anyone,the moisturiser I'm using is this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ACNE-FIGHTING-CREAM-natural-moisturiser-reduces-acne_W0QQitemZ290213749807QQihZ019QQcategoryZ29618QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262
    which is fabulous and doesn't dry out my skin like most acne creams but is light and perfect for daytime, and I'm using this cleanser: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=190023148983
    Both sellers are really helpful, Botanico kindly sent me a free sample a while back and wouldn't even accept postage costs, and the other lady will custom blend things if you ask, although I found her creams were too dry for me.
    Proud to be a moneysaver :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport