I've been spending money like wildfire, its not good! not good at all :(

what did you do?

I failed miserably on dvds -

you don't want to read this...

I am so ashamed...

I

bought one!!!!!

:mad:

stupid, stupid me. I bought Elizabeth the Golden age. I failed the club.
    Total debt £3625.07. :o
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
    I do not NEED that DVD Tough love club Member #1
  • deliciosa
    deliciosa Posts: 744 Forumite
    Well, I had a weird week in the end.

Ended up getting a taxi on Weds evening - tube up the spout and DH at home with 2 ill children. Taxi was £5. Was going to treat myself to Starbucks on Thursday as it was my birthday but, guess what? Yes, I'm ill now too - so I spent my whole birthday talking to the porcelain phone! Yuk! Feeling a bit better today but not really OK - so will have my Starbucks on Monday.

Have got to do something - I've really mucked things up this month - I bought my season ticket - 3 months at a time as I'm hoping to change jobs - without realising it was the same price to buy it monthly. Not only that, but paid for it on my Egg card for 0% - and then discovered that 0% comes to an end on 1 April so will be paying interest on it to boot. Grrrrrrr! Oh, and work underpaid me - they're supposed to be sorting it out but haven't yet.

Still, I find this thread REALLY useful - and I'm definitely spending less than I was!

Hope everyone else is OK and that you can't get my lurgy through cyber space!

Happy Birthday anyway :o Hope yure better now!

Make sure you sort out work underpayment, you earned that money!!

Hows the dvds?
    Goals: 1.) DFD December 2008 (snowball) / October 2008 (me:o ) 2.) Salary £30kpa (currently £26450pa) 3.) Slim down to 55kg (currently 68kg :( ) 4.) Start stoozing :j
  • ltm07
    ltm07 Posts: 966 Forumite
    deliciosa wrote: »
    :eek: 22k in interest??? Well done for not consolidating it!!!! This is a huge amount! Extra brownie points for cancelling Sky - I never understood why it's such a biog deal for some people, I don't even own a tv (and don't want to!) :rotfl:

t's strange, isn't it, when you realise that living on half of what you used to live on does not necessarily mean you are living a bad lifestyle.. if you cut out the luxury items that dont even make you feel that good, you can afford almost everything, right?

You're right, there's always light at the end of the tunnel, its just sometimes its hard to see. I still have my ups and downs, today being down, but I'll get through it, I will. And so will you!!

When's your dfd?
    Sorry only just read this. DFD hopefully will be July 2012 & hopefully sooner. Won't miss Sky at all. In my opinion it turns you into a couch potato(especially Sundays when footy's on all day)! We can just about afford everything we need & the odd luxury here & there if we do overtime. We just make sure we don't spend more than we earn anymore & search for bargains,even if it means saving pennies. One example is the shop where i pick DD up from school sells 2 litre bottles of milk for 99p. This works out cheaper than even Aldi & Farmfoods by about 3-4p a litre. Buying around 4 bottles a week is quite a saving over a month. Not really felt down for a while now to be honest. That said we have our car to service & MOT next week, so hopefully no nasty surprises!
    Debt at LBM(July 1st 07)-£35,053.92 Debt on 1st Anniversary of LBM(July 1st 08)-£33,170.11 (31st January 09)-£32,318.73Paid off so far £2,735.19(7.8%) Average paid off p.m. £143.95 L/H supporter 115 DFD target February 2018 DFD March 2028. PAD(Started 28/12/08) £253.77 £10 a day Feb £110/£280 WEDDING Paid off £1,585.96 Saved Up £925.40
  • deliciosa
    deliciosa Posts: 744 Forumite
    ltm07 wrote: »
    Sorry only just read this. DFD hopefully will be July 2012 & hopefully sooner. Won't miss Sky at all. In my opinion it turns you into a couch potato(especially Sundays when footy's on all day)! We can just about afford everything we need & the odd luxury here & there if we do overtime. We just make sure we don't spend more than we earn anymore & search for bargains,even if it means saving pennies. One example is the shop where i pick DD up from school sells 2 litre bottles of milk for 99p. This works out cheaper than even Aldi & Farmfoods by about 3-4p a litre. Buying around 4 bottles a week is quite a saving over a month. Not really felt down for a while now to be honest. That said we have our car to service & MOT next week, so hopefully no nasty surprises!

So true about couch potato. Well done for getting rid of sky!!
    Do you do much overtime?

3-4p saving per bottle of milk is quite hardcore DFWing - very impressed. I buy tesco dietcokes which saves me 8p on 6 cans :o:o compared to sainsburys.

It's good that you are not feeling down - keep it up!
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi All!

I'm just back from NYC, and thought I'd check in and see how we're all doing!?
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I thought I'd bump this up to see how everyone has been getting on.... just because I still think the sentiment of the post is so helpful, and people might be missing on!

I'm back from my holiday and wedding and raring to get going on turning my money situation around!

Hows things been Del? Anyone been buying those DVD's?
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I use to follow your DFW diary Del but you stopped writing in it. Then I found this and you seem to have vanished again. Do you hava new thread I should be looking at?
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure