PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing - Tips and Quick Questions thread

Options

Comments

• sooz
    sooz Posts: 4,560 Forumite
    Options
    I am making these lemon biscuits.

http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/573827

Now, as usual I did not read the recipe properly :o , so have ended up having to double the quantities.

We really don't need that many biscuits now. Can I freeze half the dough, or can I make the extra biscuits, then freeze them?
  • thriftlady_2
    thriftlady_2 Posts: 9,128 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    You can do either ;) You could also roll, cut and freeze the biscuits raw on a baking tray, then when they are hard gather them up in a bag and store in the freezer to bake when you want. Just add a couple of mins to the baking time.
  • lilmoi1985lm
    Options
    as the title suggests (i meant to type Freeze by the way not free! lol)- we got a few good bargains last night and dont hink we'll get through it all before it turns...what can be frozen / cant be frozen or do you think i need to learn to make something out of it!!! Hehe

We have apples, bag of clementines, pears, bananas and grapes.

And how about veg too?? can i or cant i?

I'm not throwing it out so i will have to find something to do with it!
    Money's our first priority, it doesn't make sense to me -Simple Plan - Crazy
    Debt at lightbulb moment 13/12/07 £13820. Debt now 20/02/09 £11316:confused:
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Nerd #665'
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    I thought you were talking about liberating fruit. ;)

Try searching for Freezing fruit in the advanced seach box. I know there are a few threads around somewhere.
  • lilmoi1985lm
    Options
    lol - thanks will do
    Money's our first priority, it doesn't make sense to me -Simple Plan - Crazy
    Debt at lightbulb moment 13/12/07 £13820. Debt now 20/02/09 £11316:confused:
    'Proud To Be Dealing With My Debts' DFW Nerd #665'
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    OH chops up apples, bananas, strawberries, berries...anything really asnd puts them into seperate mixed bags, just enough for a smoothie. This is ideal for fruit just turning.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • HariboJunkie
    HariboJunkie Posts: 7,740 Forumite
    Options
    There's also a new sticky for quick questions on freezing. maybe a BG will pop your question in there.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    He sure will, any second now... :)

Then if you'd like to pop onto the Cooking section of the MEGA Index - under Freezing you'll find some of your fruits mentioned. Immediately below is the Fruit section too, to give you ideas for cooking things with your fruit - most of which can be frozen too.

You can find this via my signature any time you see it or...

..you can use the Indexed Collections link in the Start Here Bar at the top of every page which looks something like this:-

newbar.gif
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • coco2972
    Options
    I don't know if this is a daft question or not!
    I have beef mince in the freezer, bought reduced in Tesco. I want to make a cottage pie tomorrow night but was planning to make a second one which we would eat on Wednesday. Will the meat be ok, or is it dodgy to keep it like that?
    Light Bulb Moment 01 May 2007
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Im guessing your mince was frozen as soon as you bought it, and is raw at the moment? If this is the case, then you should have no problems cooking your cottage pies (as long as you defrost it first!!!) and eating one immediately and the other a couple of nights later. Or, if you dont want to eat it on Wednesday, you could freeze the cooked pie and again, as long as you defrost it properly, can eat it at a later date.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure