PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How do I get the inside of my microwave clean

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    cup of water with a decent squirt of lemon juice inside for a bout 4 minutes then wipe clean with a clean dish cloth
  • roddydogs
    roddydogs Posts: 7,478 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Theres only one snag with the Lemon & Bicarb suggetions, they dont work any better than a soapy sponge!
  • Ilona
    Ilona Posts: 2,449 Forumite
    Options
    Linda32 wrote: »
    I just wipe it out with the dishcloth when I'm washing up.

With this being a money saving site I really can't see why you have to buy anything more. :D

Totally agree. wipe spilled food up as soon as it happens. Or, don't walk out of the kitchen and leave something in there. Be mindful of how long it needs, keep going back to it to check.
    Ilona
    I love skip diving.
    :D
  • recovering_spendaholic
    Options
    I have a Panny combi micro/grill and the stainless steel interior does get stains like an oven. Does anyone have a top tip for this please?

I have a Panny combi and I use that Oven Mate stuff. I put the enamel plate, glass plate and wrack in the bag and put about two thirds of the liquid in there. Then I spread the rest of the liquid around the stainless steel interior and leave everything for a few hours. Then I just wipe out the interior with a damp cloth - its amazing what comes off so you will need to rinse out the cloth a good few times, and then take the stuff out the bag and rinse that.

The liquid in the bag takes all of the brown stuff which collects on the glass dish (which you can't get off with washing) and brings up the enamel plate and rack like new.

I know its not old style but I have tried all the OS methods and could not get the thing clean!
    Jane

ENDIS. Employed, no disposable income or savings!
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ive merged this with our existing thread on cleaning microwaves

Zip
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts