PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

How do I get the inside of my microwave clean

Options

Comments

• Badrick
    Badrick Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Astonish paste is quite good and we've used the spray on cold oven cleaner in our Panasonic as a last resort, just keep it away from the microwave bit (it's usually got an oblong piece of mica over it) and it will smoke for a short while afterwards if it gets on the element.
    Mark Steyn has stated, "In the UK, everything is policed except crime."
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I've merged this with our existing thread on cleaning microwaves as it's dropped down the board

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• charmed1318
    Options
    I'm sure there are some gems hidden somewhere (feel free to post a link if you have one) but I am shocking at searching..

How do you clean YOUR microwave Old Style ?
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Simply spraying with FLASH and wiping the interior/exterior.
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • good_advice
    good_advice Posts: 2,653 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee! Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Hiya
    My microwave does not get very food stained as we put a plastic microwave lid on all food.

I do sometimes take out the glass plate and wash it and give the door and inside a wipe over with a microfibre cloth.
    The secret to success is making very small, yet constant changes.:)
  • cheerfulness4
    Options
    A little egg cup of jiffy lemon juice or a halved squeezed lemon, if you've been cooking with one, microwaved for 30 seconds. Then leave 5 minutes and wipe around with a clean cloth.

The moisture created from the heated juice makes cleaning little marks easier and it leaves a lovely fresh interior. :)
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have a Panny combi micro/grill and the stainless steel interior does get stains like an oven. Does anyone have a top tip for this please?
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
  • charmed1318
    Options
    A little egg cup of jiffy lemon juice or a halved squeezed lemon, if you've been cooking with one, microwaved for 30 seconds. Then leave 5 minutes and wipe around with a clean cloth.

Thanks, that's was the sort of thing I know I'd heard but was unsure about :):):):):)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I blast mine with the steam cleaner but before that I used to use a cupful of water with a few drops of lemon juice in it. Nuke it for a few minutes and wipe clean.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've never had to wash my microwave - except taking the glass dish out and giving it a quick rinse down. I wipe it down with a paper towel every time it's used and always use a paper towel or a splatter guard every time without fail.

The few things that have boiled over are wiped up immediately (sometimes happens when I am making rice)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure