We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Knitters Thread

1…756757759761762…1016

Comments

  • Does anyone know where I can get a horseshoe pattern from x would like to knit a few for some forthcoming weddings x
  • bev62
    bev62 Posts: 46 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Hello - I'm a bit of a lurker (does that mean I have stalking qualities???)
    I have recently started knitting again after a short break of 22 years!
    I am a reasonably good knitter, but need refreshing in some areas.
    I have just knitted my dd a lovely cabled hat in aran wool and would love to do the same hat but in some chunky wool I already have.

    Would this be possible?
    #44   £168.41/£2023
  • I would do a tension piece as I think it might come out slightly smaller x
  • bev62 wrote: »
    Hello - I'm a bit of a lurker (does that mean I have stalking qualities???)
    I have recently started knitting again after a short break of 22 years!
    I am a reasonably good knitter, but need refreshing in some areas.
    I have just knitted my dd a lovely cabled hat in aran wool and would love to do the same hat but in some chunky wool I already have.

    Would this be possible?

    I'm in the same boat. I think you should definitely visit YouTube. There are thousand of videos on pretty much every single technique and tons of advice -and it is all FREE! :T
    ..............................................................................
    NW: [STRIKE]£5014.49[/STRIKE]/£4000/£745
    BC: £4308/£2500
    Loan: Co-op: [STRIKE]£3777.23[/STRIKE] /
    [STRIKE]£3387.23[/STRIKE]
    £2900/PAID
    Challenge: debt-free by Christmas 2017
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    I don't know if you realised but some of the 'Knit & Stitch' magazine patterns are available on their web site.

    Click Here
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

    ......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • cuddles123
    cuddles123 Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    My Niece's girls who live in Oz will be visiting next week so I needed something quick. Knocked up these Headbands / Earwarmers in a few hours ;)

    P1080612_zpsc5e5f2f1.jpg

    P1080613_zps0bb7dc58.jpg
    :oJack of all trades ... Master of none :o
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    cuddles123 wrote: »
    My Niece's girls who live in Oz will be visiting next week so I needed something quick. Knocked up these Headbands / Earwarmers in a few hours ;)

    P1080612_zpsc5e5f2f1.jpg

    P1080613_zps0bb7dc58.jpg
    They will love them. Cute.
  • MoonJelly
    MoonJelly Posts: 330 Forumite
    cuddles123 wrote: »
    My Niece's girls who live in Oz will be visiting next week so I needed something quick. Knocked up these Headbands / Earwarmers in a few hours ;)

    P1080612_zpsc5e5f2f1.jpg

    P1080613_zps0bb7dc58.jpg

    These are lovely. I love handmade presents and girls love to have things which are "unique" and "bespoke".:)
    ..............................................................................
    NW: [STRIKE]£5014.49[/STRIKE]/£4000/£745
    BC: £4308/£2500
    Loan: Co-op: [STRIKE]£3777.23[/STRIKE] /
    [STRIKE]£3387.23[/STRIKE]
    £2900/PAID
    Challenge: debt-free by Christmas 2017
  • casperlarue
    casperlarue Posts: 647 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 1 February 2013 at 3:03PM
    First finished project of the year, although I'm still searching for the 2 missing toggles!

    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj302/casper_la_rue/cardigan.jpg

    Just waiting for a delivery from Iceyarns, DD wants a bright pink cardigan.... we are talking b r i g h t pink....radioactive infact!
    "Put the kettle on Turkish, lets have a nice cup of tea.....no sugars for me.....I'm sweet enough"
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Finally finished my Jaywalkers.
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.