PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

The Knitters Thread

Options

Comments

• NannyJanny
    NannyJanny Posts: 173 Forumite
    Options
    th_DSCF0197.jpgWell have finished the scarf, known as a baktus. Beautiful colours, photo doesn't do justice. Just nice to get something, anything finished! Ocean Wool, which the lady in the woolshop tells me is the same as Monsoon. Quite pleased with it, but think I need a lot more practise at blocking.:o Back to the socks now.
  • lovecrafting
    lovecrafting Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Options
    saorsie wrote: »
    Thanks psso ~ think those cupcakes will look fab as fridge magnets!

Thank you x

-s-

im really sorry hun i am struggling to find it, i know i brought the mag because it had a wee kit on the front for making them i havent forgotten tho and am still looking, i know there was a baby hat pattern in there that i am looking for aswel.

at the moment i am looking for a quick gift for my neice who will be 2 next week, i was thinking about a toy or a nice cardi. ideas would be really welcome.
  • lovecrafting
    lovecrafting Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    Options
    ok i have good news, and bad news. the good news is i found the patterns. the bad news is my scanner isnt my friend today.

its in knit today april 2011 edition. if i can find there website i will give you a link.
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    susan946 wrote: »
    Good morning all

I've been lurking on here again. Life's been a bit traumatic recently and I'm sorry I haven't got round to posting.

However...........

Rowan have some free Union Jack Patterns on their site http://www.knitrowan.com/free-projects.aspx

I picked out these - but there may be others

http://www.knitrowan.com/editorial-image/pdf/Union%20Jack%20Scarf1.pdf

http://www.knitrowan.com/editorial-image/pdf/Union%20Jack%20Dress_.pdf

http://www.knitrowan.com/editorial-image/pdf/Union%20Jack%20Cushion.pdf

These are all knitted in Rowan Purelife DK - an expensive option - but you could use any DK if you work out the meterage. The Rowan balls are 50g, 120m/131yds.

Happy clicking - enjoy today's sunshine!

Oooh I rather like the dress, except I think most normal people would wear it as a jumper. Or maybe I'm just jealous that I don't have the legs to wear it as a dress.

And I think the little union jack pattern for the end of the scarf would make a rather nice pin-cushion.
  • NannyJanny
    Options
    Susan 946

I love the cushion. Thank you for this. Would never do a traditional Union Jack, but my mind is already thinking purples? greens? Lovely

NJ
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just finished sock number 1 of this pair:
    PIC_0253_medium.JPG
    Need to do another before I am allowing myself to open my (expensive) Noro Silk Garden Sock wool that I finally treated myself too ;).
    Hope all are well.
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• lynseydee
    lynseydee Posts: 1,802 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    That sock looks lovely Orkneystar. Which pattern did you use, it looks familiar to one I might have seen in one of my Let's Knit magazines or have you made a pair of these before?

I was just wondering if there was a better casting on method for knitting sleeves or do most people just do their usual method?
    Did owe £9,951.96

Now helping hubby pay off loan. Finally paid off :j

Owe Virgin [STRIKE]£5,950.00 [/STRIKE]at 0% til June 2009 £3,427.89. Owe HSBC [STRIKE]£5,460.78 [/STRIKE]2.9% til May 2010 £3,703.07. Owe Post Office £1,676.62 at 0% til September 2010
  • NannyJanny
    Options
    Nice socks OrkneyStar. I really must break away from my original pattern. Haven't found the courage to experiment yet.

Lyndseydee - I use long tail cast on for everything. Just seems a nice finish. Took me a while to get it, but I'm converted now I've discovered it.

NJ
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    OrkneyStar wrote: »
    Just finished sock number 1 of this pair:
    PIC_0253_medium.JPG
    Need to do another before I am allowing myself to open my (expensive) Noro Silk Garden Sock wool that I finally treated myself too ;).
    Hope all are well.
    x

They are truly lovely and quite individual. I bet you have a queue a people wanting your socks!
  • iwantanipod
    Options
    I've been a lurker for a long time, and didn't like to intrude but I must say you have all given me a lot of pleasure with the patterns you have provided links for, and the photos of your knits. I am a very mediocre knitter, I must admit, but since retiring, I felt I'd like to try and be more creative, but I am a "starter" not a "finisher" - perhaps admitting it publicly will shame me into sewing up the wee bootees I have knitted, not to mention the Hello Kitty, the doggie tea cosy....oh, and what about the easter egg covers without the eyes? :o

I'd really like to knit simple things for preemies, just not sure if my knitting is good enough.
    Mad about cats - or maybe just mad! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure