PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What can i feed the fussiest eater in the world?

Options

Comments

• kiwichick
    kiwichick Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would think the atkins diet would suit him, no fruit, barely any veg, lots of meat, cheese etc. my dh lost loads on this.
    WW Start Weight 18/04/12 = 19st 11lbs
    Weight today = 17st 6.5lbs
    Loss to date 32.5lbs!!!
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,157 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Atkins:confused: .
    The slimming world diets are based round red (meat, protein) and green (potatoes, carbohydrates) days.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Oh he does actually eat rice guys, sorry i didn't add that one in there.

My usual meal plans are as follows:

Sunday roast either Beef or chicken (No surprises there then !)
    Monday Curry with the left over meat either with chips, rice or on a jacket spud.
    Tuesday Bolognaise again on chips as he doesn't like pasta, he will eat noodles though :wall:
    Wednesday He goes out so just beans on toast or some soup and bread.
    Thursday Pie mash potato peas 'n' gravey
    Friday our take away day so either Chinese or Indian usually (Tried giving him the recepie by CQ and he didn't like it :confused: i was gutted i thought it tasted lovely and it took me all day to make it!
    Saturday something like Jacket spuds or a nice steak.

My meal times have turned so boring :(
  • frosty
    frosty Posts: 1,169 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    when I make soup I put tons of veg in it,when its liquidised you cant tell whats in it,as your husband likes soup could you not make big pans of it,then he could just help himself to it.My husband wont eat veg,but he does eat my soups and he has not realised thats hes eating pounds of veg.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I am fussy moo and don't like things like onion, garlic, cheese the list goes on and on. LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I must admit that are meals get boring in this this house but they are normally centered round veg with a bit of meat and gravy or such like.

Maybe change the cooking method so no frying only grilling. No chips as you have takeout once a week which will be full of fat or at least calories. Also when making the meals find ways to cut out the fat. Add less fat when cooking. Wash mince and the pan it was cooked in to cut down on some calories when making spag bog or shepherds pie.

I can't help you much more than that.

Wish you luck.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Cullumpster
    I've just read your new thread and looked back over this one,
    did your OH ever take on any of these ideas icon10.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hey :)

Since we now have two threads on the same subject I reckon it would be helpful to merge them together.

For those of you new to MoneySaving forums - posts are listed in date order so you will need to read from the beginning of this thread to be able to catch up with the rest of us.

HTH :)
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Glad,

Yes well i do include a lot of veg into things like spag bol, and soups and things but now he's on about starting this diet and writing him out this diet sheet, i haven't got a clue what to start with :confused:

i might just tell him to stick to Jacket spuds every day with different fillings, he like that :rotfl:
  • chardonnay_2
    chardonnay_2 Posts: 2,201 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i have this problem with my stepkids, they are sooooooo fussy and both in entirely different ways. it is so hard to feed them meals they both like without cooking loads of different meals. it's ok when they are only here for 1 or 2 days a week as it's easy not to repeat but this week they are here for 7 days. they had 100% chicken breast burgers yesterday and today they are getting steak pie with mash & veg. i have a feeling eldest won't eat the pastry.

they both like pizza (different toppings), chicken burgers, roast chicken + yorkies etc, curry but different types. soup - different kinds

youngest, doesn't like chips, jacket potatoes, bacon, sausages with skin, any soup other than tinned tomato soup

eldest seems to like plain foods, would eat plain noodles, plain spaghetti, won't eat bolognese and will only take a little sauce minus meat etc if pushed.

we have tried asking them what they would like, what they eat at mums etc. not sure but think they don't tell us what they eat at home as they are quite happy not to have to eat it here too. lol

anyone got any ideas?
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One thing I make for my daughter who is fussy and won't eat any veg or pasta is a shepherds pie meal except using chicken and not mince (she hates mince!). I put the chicken in the shepherds pie dish in bite sized pieces, cover this in gravy and then put the mash potato on top followed by cheese. I also sneakily cook some cauliflower and mash this in with the potato. What with the gravy and cheese she doesn't taste the cauliflower at all! This is the only dish I dare do this as she would spot it a mile off in any other dish!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure