PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What can i feed the fussiest eater in the world?

Options

Comments

• carrottopsuk
    Options
    I neally forgot, I know someone whose husband wont eat anything apart from meat

Surely it's not healthy!

Mind you - I'm a vegetarian so am slightly biased
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    doesn't sound like a balanced diet. :-/
    I neally forgot, I know someone whose husband wont eat anything apart from meat

Surely it's not healthy!

Mind you - I'm a vegetarian so am slightly biased
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    since i've had a stick blender and blend veggies and stuff my kids eat much more variety, just don't tell them.  ;)

I would never dare do this with my daughter! She has a sixth sense and always knows if you are talking about her (even if you are talking quietly in another room!) and she would know immediately if I put something sneakily in her dinner. Then she wouldn't trust me again.

She did agree once to have me put her portion of gravy in the blender and whizz some carrots, cabbage and cauliflower into it. She did this for quite a while and liked the taste but then went off it! :-/ You could do this sneakily but it will make the gravy a slightly lighter colour and you can still see flecks of orange carrot or green cabbage, so you could only try it really with cauliflower or other pale veg.
  • Spendless
    Spendless Posts: 24,175 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    so make a big shepherds pie with hidden veg in a new dish that she hasn't seen before and tell her your 'pretend' mate has sent it round as her dinner party, whatever has been cancelled.
    if she twigs it's your pretend mates fault
    if not you can hide veg ;D
  • Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    One of my housemates at Uni was a fussy eater & wouldn't eat turkey, only chicken. Because of the price difference, we fed her turkey breast for 2 years (telling her it was chicken) & she never knew the difference!
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all of the suggestions, i am going to go and buy myself a (cheap) blender type thing at the weekend and whizz away until he finds out!! ::)

Mind you i'm going to still have to go through the whle OwwwwWWWW but i really like mushrooooommmmsss!

Might just really act on it now and secretly giggle away after every mouthful ;D
    the only thing is that i can't keep a secret, i'd have to tell him after he'd eaten his food and then he won't eat anything again! :'(
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    best of luck. ;D
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks think i'll need it !! ;)
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    It drives me mad when I see posts like this! Bad enough making fussy kids, but fully grown adults!!!! In our house I decide what we're going to eat, and they either do, or starve! I'm a single divorced mum on a very limited budget, no fussy eaters here, they know better!!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I really know how you all feel - have husband who only likes traditional food - likes vegetables in what he calls a stew but not tomatoes in it- likes dried peas etc but have to be the ones you soak overnight and is now wistfully remembering dumplings in stew (hint,hint) - none of my four daughters will eat this stuff but I feel guilty after years of making what the kids would eat - one wont eat potatoes,another,pasta,another rice.
    After trying not toeither scream or run away from home I now do a couple of days that he will appreciate - a day for each daughter and anyone who does not want what is on the table can have a sandwich, beans on toast etc. :):):):):)
    I still feel bad if someone does not want what I cook but am steeling myself not to be such a mug . "Hunger is the best sauce"
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills