PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

What can i feed the fussiest eater in the world?

Options

Comments

• Galtizz
    Galtizz Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    I've tried that but he doesn't eat salad! so it is just literaly meat and onion MMmmm Nice !

Sounds like he's on Atkins!
    When life hands you a lemon, make sure you ask for tequilla and salt ;)
  • Robert_Sterling_3
    Options
    What should you feed him

Answer "To the lions"
    ...............................I have put my clock back....... Kcolc ym
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

pmsl.
    Sounds like he's on Atkins!  
  • carrottopsuk
    Options
    Hello all,
    Hope you are all fine and dandy and had a fab ol weekend ?

Right here's the problem, my b/f is a bloomin mare in the eating department.

He will not eat hardley anything, he's worse than the kids!

So my question is what can i cook him that he will like, i'll put some of the no no's in a list and you can see what i have to put up with!!

Meats:

Chicken  YES
    Beef  YES
    anything else including fish [glow=red,2,300]NO NO NO [/glow]!!

He will not eat any vegetables except processed peas from a tin  :-X  :-X  

i have just managed to make him try something different at the indian, instead of eating only chicken tikka masalla.

But i am sick of eating so much junk food.

Pleaaazzze help a desperate woman  :'(  :'(

Thanks

Vic

He  sounds as fussy as my youngest cat! I cannot tempt him with other brands or even fresh meats!

Whiskers Chicken = Yes
    Whiskers Beef = Yes

Any other brand/flavour including fish
    = meow Meow Meow (No NO NO!!!!!)

I suppose you could always try Whiskers!!!! (the meat/poultry selection)  ;) They do a good selection, even comes with veg!!! ;D
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    lol. ;D chum also comes in chicken and beef varietys. ;D
  • ashmit
    ashmit Posts: 622 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I have to say I'd be inclined to let him cook for himself and only eat with you two or three nights a week - why should you have to fit in with his bizarre dislikes rather than him fitting in with you???

I think someone suggested making bolognaise sauce with mushrooms onions etc and blending it so you can't see them - have you tried that? Otherwise I have no suggestions, sorry!
  • beachbeth
    beachbeth Posts: 3,862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I know just how you feel! My husband was terrible when we were first married. Didn't like this, didn't like that! He just knew what he didn't like and so wouldn't try anything!

However, when he was really, really, hungry he would see me making something new and would be tempted to try it. He will now eat Lamb Chops in wine sauce, Chicken Fricasse in a creamy mushroom sauce, tuna fish starters made with wine sauce, mashed potatoe and topped with cheese (all homemade) and he loves them. He was always adamant that he didn't like sauces before this.

However, he won't eat pasta (he's tried it though), salad, curry, chili, rice and likes plain old fashioned food (he likes Frey Bentos tinned pies - yuck!)

My eldest daughter is worse. She likes pizza, oven chips (not fried), no vegetables at all, hardly any fruit just an apple every once in a blue moon. She won't touch rice or pasta. Her range of liked foods is very small and I tear my hair out sometimes trying to feed her and hubby.

Luckily my younger daughter is like me and will try anything once and likes a broad range of different things.
  • Cullumpster
    Cullumpster Posts: 1,481 Forumite
    Options
    I know just how you feel! My husband was terrible when we were first married. Didn't like this, didn't like that! He just knew what he didn't like and so wouldn't try anything!

My eldest daughter is worse. She likes pizza, oven chips (not fried), no vegetables at all, hardly any fruit just an apple every once in a blue moon. She won't touch rice or pasta.

B/Beth, lol are you sure that your husband and your daughter haven't morphed into my B/f.
    It all sounds a bit too familiar to me !! :o
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    since i've had a stick blender and blend veggies and stuff my kids eat much more variety, just don't tell them. ;)
  • Lychee
    Lychee Posts: 446 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    so it's not just my boyfriend...

on the positive side, I know what we need when we go to the supermarket. On the really sad side, we rarely go out for dinner. He only eats plain chicken (with ketchup) or turkey, with chips and peas or carrots. That's dinner. For breakfast and lunch, it's cheese. Oh, and the daily choc and crisps. I've given up trying hard. I don't have to eat the same meals as him and I can go out with friends!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport