PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Saturday Brunch ideas?

Options

Comments

• paulies_nixie
    Options
    I shall be having (After eating a breakfast of mostly quality street and mingles) american style pancakes :) and as it's chrimbo they will be blueberry or choccy chip.

I can do a big stack and folk help them selves.
    Or plain ones and you can pick your own topping ;) from jam, lemon curd, maple syrup, golden syrup, custard (Dont ask :rolleyes: but it is quite nice) fruits, choccy sauce coor anything I've got - but the honey is mine, woe betide anyone who tries to pinch it :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Or go savory and have bacon or rounds of sausage (the flat sliceable one) or fried egg.
    You can go all american then and pour maple syrup on the savoury... I've never been brave enough to try LOL

Nixie
    "I know that Prince Charming doesn’t come save me, we save each other and fight back to back against all comers that’s what marriage is to me. Nothing passive, no being carried off on a white steed, give me my own damn horse and lets ride into the sunset side by side." - Laurell K. Hamilton.
  • windowshopper100
    Options
    How about a smoked salmon kedgeree. I did this last year as Xmas Day breakfast and it was delish.

You can make the rice and sauce bits in advance and just poach eggs and slice smoked salmon and herbs on the day.

It's a BBC Good Food website recipe and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post a link. Go into the website and search for smoked salmon kedgeree and it should be the first one on the list - by Barney Desmazery.

Poaching quails eggs would be extra posh too!
    I shall probably be doing it again this year too.

ETA - that's if I don't do the pancakes above!
  • Raspberry_Swirl
    Options
    I think I'm the only person I know who doesn't eat anything for Xmas day breakfast! We usually have lunch aorund 1.30pm so I save my tummy space for that :D
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leek and potato soup, smoked salmon & cream cheese bagels, some of the nibbly bits you see in the supermarkets you could keep in the freezer until Christmas day?? A nice fresh fruit salad?

Happy moneysaving all.
  • maggie111
    maggie111 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    Options
    Mmmmmm I love the sound of pancakes, and they're my husband's favourites too!!!

Pancakes it is!!

How can I keep them warm??
    I love surprises!
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    We would never have breakfast. And lunch is just the main course (no starter, no afters).

If I turned up at 10am at somebody's house, I'd expect nothing, except to be able to nibble nuts, quality street and maybe some mince pies.
  • Penny-Pincher!!
    Options
    I was going to suggest pancakes as they are nice and easy. You can warm them through in the MW or on a low heat in oven. I would serve with mixed berries and a sprig of mint if going posh, or lemon juice and sugar if not.

PP
    xx
    To repeat what others have said, requires education, to challenge it,
    requires brains!
    FEB GC/DIESEL £200/4 WEEKS
  • Actiongirl_2
    Options
    We always do smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for xmas day brekkie. We use cream in the eggs to make them extra special and serve with Bucks Fizz (made with freshly squeezed and champagne - after all, it is xmas day!).

We have six adults and DD this year and this will be my husbands responsibility as he scrambles better than me!
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    For Christmas mid-morning I normally put a few plates of mince pies, hot sausage rolls (party size) and some smoked salmon blinis. Drinks to order ;)
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • JillS_2
    JillS_2 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    The brilliant thing about the smoked salmon & scrambled eggs is that you feel as though you've been royally feasted (especially if you have it with Buck's Fizz) & it will take the edge of hunger pangs but without leaving you stuffed & bloated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure