The Great 'Cheapest & Best Internet Dating' Sites

Comments

• Totally free Best Dating Site : LezbiyenArkadas Search on Google :beer:
  • Bugatti_Boi
    Bugatti_Boi Posts: 251 Forumite
    Hey everyone,

I got convinced by my mate yesterday to join a dating site for the first time and its called www.plentyoffish.com, She reckoned it would be good for me because Im looking to get into a serious relationship with someone someday. I have started talking to a girl that only lives around the corner from me which is a coinsidence and I think things are going well so far.

All I really want to know is do you think its worth joining dating sites and have you had any luck on them meeting anyone.

Thanks
    MarkAldridge
  • If you're a single parent (or don't mind meeting them) - try Kids No Object dating. There's loads you can do for for free on there, and they only charge £16.95 for 3 months upgraded membership - bargain! Also there's a loads of really interesting info pages.
  • Hi,

The sites I have used before:
    match.com
    Pay site but if there is no free weekend running you know the people who are paying to be on there are serious about meeting with someone. Met a truly beautiful woman on there a couple of years ago. also spoke with a few people and they were really nice.
    plentyoffish.com
    Free site. Quantity yes and lots of quality people as well. Think this is about the largest free site. Set your preferences to not allow conatct from people seeking 'intimate encounters' and also set it to not allow contact from people who have contacted others for the same. Play safe.
    smooch.com
    Free site. Met some interesting people, on line and in person.

I think (personal opinion) that a lot of men join the free sites (maybe women as well) for the ego boost of having numbers of people contacting them. A lot of the women I have talked to have horror stories of men with first date expectations and there are a few married men and probably women using the free ones as they are not going to show up in credit card bills etc.
  • tomstickland
    tomstickland Posts: 19,538 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 October 2010 at 11:23PM
    I gave plentyoffish a go a few months back. I received a few messages the first time I used it.I've not used it since then. I had a look tonight and there's no messages, favourites or anything. Is this normal or is my profile just not getting good feedback?

About a year ago I paid up and joined Eharmony. I made it as far as phoning and texting a few women there after working through over a thousand profiles. It all fizzled out though and it all seemed too much effort TBH, so I've not renewed. Certainly no better than the other big names like Match and Udate.

Facebook has some free apps for dating that work quite well.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/meetnewpeople
    Happy chappy
  • kat74
    kat74 Posts: 82 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I don't know how to quote ...
    but in response to this comment -

I gave plentyoffish a go a few months back. I received a few messages the first time I used it.I've not used it since then. I had a look tonight and there's no messages, favourites or anything. Is this normal or is my profile just not getting good feedback?

Search results are generally ordered by last activity, so if you don't log on for a while you'll not appear (or will appear very low down) in searches. Also, you won't appear on anyone's home page. Even if you just log on and off for a minute that should give you better visiblity and more people may make contact.
  • ambyence
    ambyence Posts: 189 Forumite
    met my now H2B via plentyoffish and facebook :)
    don't let the b*stards get you down or you might have to live in a bin - <<< this could be you! :)
  • guardian soulmates. site was very unreliable. women were messing me about. cancelled contract early.
  • It seems a lot of people join crappy online dating sites :mad: why join a dating site that is not well established! Join online dating sites that are well established :love: Like Match, DatingDirect and MatchAffinity, this way you are getting a large userbase (many active users) and you are getting what you paid for!
  • I don't use one anymore, but met my husband on Match.com 3 years ago.

It does work!
    :jHappily Married 12/09/09:j
    :jDS1 born 22/08/10 7lb 6oz:j
    :jDS2 born 08/09/12 8lb 7oz:j

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business