We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Unofficial MSE Meet in Edinburgh 1/9/05

Options

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    Ahhhhh....so you've been forewarned then? :)

I was going to bring some too. :rotfl:

:rotfl:

Funny that, I've packed some too. ;)

Pink
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    aliasojo wrote:
    Just been looking at online route planners. :(

They just don't make sense to me.

OH usually drives while I sleep. :D

I'm still not sure if I should be going over the FR Bridge or whether I veer off before it. Oh well, thank God for mobiles.....and Police men. :rotfl:

aliasojo, if you veer off before the Forth Bridge you could go and visit with Dark Star in Fife icon12.gif

Veer off left after you cross the bridge and if you pass a Tesco you are on the right road! From there I could tell you a quick way but you will probably arrive on Friday so just take the main road that way and you should arrive at the Newbridge roundabout. You will go under that and just after that you want to veer left and take the Edinburgh road and don't carry straight on or you will be in Glasgow (you could of course pick up sra but then he is busy, busy, busy :rolleyes:)

At the end of that (M8 extension) you will be at a large roundabout, you want the exit for the A71 icon7.gif

T-bags, t-bags, what are they for??

I did buy milk though icon11.gif
  • IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,246 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    If you pass a Ralphs supermarket right beside a Save-on then you have probably taken a wrong turning since this would put you in Los Angeles.

See you tonight
    Ivan
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,870 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    getting a touch excited now

bounce014.gifhappy036.gifhappy046.gifwhacky001.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I hear North Berwick is very nice this time of year. If the worst comes to the worst, I'll just get a caravan and phone you all. :D

Ok, OH has gone over route so I think I know roughly where I'm going. It's like when your OH tries to teach you to drive though....you just start to glaze over. :rotfl:

I have 2 charged mobiles and an AA card. I'll be fine! :rolleyes:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • one-non-blonde
    Options
    Hope you all have a great time tonight. Can't come myself being a school night (by the time we got there it would be time to come back!) but maybe next time... :D
    If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor...
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    Sorry to hear that, next time!

Thanks for posting, your user name just reminded me of something I still haven't done yet ;)
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    Well, today's the day!

I am very excited but a little nervous - still having horrible visions of neon thongs :eek: As long as they are not standard issue, I should be ok.

Right - see you later guys. I'll the the girl in a suit looking very lost................

oh glad - when it comes to wine or knickers - the wine wins every time!!!!
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Rikki
    Rikki Posts: 21,625 Forumite
    Options
    :wave: Have a great time everybody. :beer:

I really wish I could be there. :(
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,870 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    just off to airport now

realised I have no idea what Edilass looks like and she is picking me up :eek:

I could end up in a car with anyone

Edilass if you read this before you head to airport I'm the one waving 2 hands,
    bottle wine in one pair of knickers in the other icon10.gif
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure