We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Frankie & Benny

Options

Comments

• brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i've only ever had bad experiences with wanky and benny's. i wince everytime i hear someone say they're going there for their birthday.

i'm no food snob, but their food is awful
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    double post

oo-er
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
  • dawnofwar
    dawnofwar Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    harry2015 wrote: »
    Yet another bad review about Frankie and Benny's in Stafford.
    Steer clear of this one - this used to be our local but the amount of times something has gone wrong with the order or lack of service is beyond how this restaurant is still running.

First off - this place is quiet every Saturday and Sunday Morning so you would expect a good quick service.....wrong! We used to go here for a hearty breakfast to give us a well earned break from the weekly grind, only to be more wound up even more by the time we have left!

The Drinks: When the staff outnumber the people in there you would expect your drinks to arrive pretty quick? Then why does it take 4 of the staff 30 minutes to make 3 drinks? I nearly jumped over the counter and made them myself! This is not just one time - this is every time!

The Food: Early morning? Breakfast at bennys? You would like to think so but every time they have run out of either eggs, bacon or beans! So much for a hearty breakfast to start the day! Not only the lack of selection of food but it also takes 40mins between your breakfast on the table and your first drink!

Other customers: I know what you are thinking - I am just unlucky, but when we see other customers unhappy with the service this is not just a one-off event!

Staff Training: What staff training? Everytime you have to point out that 2x Breakfasts make a special offer for £10.00. You try and give the person at the computer the benefit of the doubt but when you receive the bill - everytime it's not been deducted. The staff turnaround in this place is quite regular and no matter who is working, there is a real lack of quality and attention to detail. There are very few smiling staff!

Now, I am not the moaning type but this place has got me so wound up I really needed to express my disgust and advise all to stay clear of Frankie and Benny's in Stafford. I hope this review gives you an insight into this place and in my case, a disappointing start to the weekend!

:mad:

Another one about Stafford i'm afraid.

Went in last Wednesday and it took 45 mins for our food to arrive. We hadn't ordered anything fancy and the place wasn't too busy either.

They always seem to be out of bread too. Hubby had mushrooms on ciabatta but had to have toast instead, and he wanted the hotdog but they had no buns. Methinks they need to look at their ordering process.

Such a shame as i used to be a regular but don't think we will be going back any time soon.
  • Gavin78
    Gavin78 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a few problems with F&B, the Castleford branch at xscape been there about 10 times and 3 of those times they had forgotten our starters and brought the main meals. complained and got the starters for free not that we needed them at the time.

I dont go back to that one anymore and it always seems too busy for them to cope.

The one in Leeds on Kirkstall Road....been there about 5 times and complained there due to over cooked food new york chicken they can't seem to get it right and a pizza that was ordered another time was all black underneath.

Also had problems ordering drinks had to ask 3 different poeple where they were as it took them nearly 30 mins to bring them after ordering.

Leeds Birstall one I go there regular at least 2-3 times a month not really any complaints untill recently about 3 months ago we got there about 9pm and was told that they aren't serving anymore food so complained and the manager said they shouldn't have said that and seated us down.

We went again 16/7/10 9.30pm and again was told they were not serving food so I coimplained again and asked for the manager and was told he wasn't in and she was the one in charge that night and told us to complain if we didn't like it.

So I am going to follow that one up.

The 2 york and Manchester Branch I can't fault service was great and the food was ok. been to manchester once and the York ones about 4-5 times over the last 2 years.

In General I'm not happy with the recent poor service that F&B provide and it seems to have gone down hill over the last year. maybe its the next influx of students that can't be bothered as they seem to be getting worse
  • pulliptears
    pulliptears Posts: 14,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    What on earth would you expect from a chain.......Frankie and Benny's is no different from any other.

Staffed by chimpanzees......serving poor food......to the underclasses and lard !!!!!s.

LMFAO
    Neither underclass nor lard !!!!! but please dont let your sweeping judgements get in the way of a reasonable discussion eh?
    :rotfl::rotfl:
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    harry2015 wrote: »
    Yet another bad review about Frankie and Benny's in Stafford.
    Steer clear of this one - this used to be our local but the amount of times something has gone wrong with the order or lack of service is beyond how this restaurant is still running.

First off - this place is quiet every Saturday and Sunday Morning so you would expect a good quick service.....wrong! We used to go here for a hearty breakfast to give us a well earned break from the weekly grind, only to be more wound up even more by the time we have left!

The Drinks: When the staff outnumber the people in there you would expect your drinks to arrive pretty quick? Then why does it take 4 of the staff 30 minutes to make 3 drinks? I nearly jumped over the counter and made them myself! This is not just one time - this is every time!

The Food: Early morning? Breakfast at bennys? You would like to think so but every time they have run out of either eggs, bacon or beans! So much for a hearty breakfast to start the day! Not only the lack of selection of food but it also takes 40mins between your breakfast on the table and your first drink!

Other customers: I know what you are thinking - I am just unlucky, but when we see other customers unhappy with the service this is not just a one-off event!

Staff Training: What staff training? Everytime you have to point out that 2x Breakfasts make a special offer for £10.00. You try and give the person at the computer the benefit of the doubt but when you receive the bill - everytime it's not been deducted. The staff turnaround in this place is quite regular and no matter who is working, there is a real lack of quality and attention to detail. There are very few smiling staff!

Now, I am not the moaning type but this place has got me so wound up I really needed to express my disgust and advise all to stay clear of Frankie and Benny's in Stafford. I hope this review gives you an insight into this place and in my case, a disappointing start to the weekend!

:mad:

get real, you aren't going to get a hearty breakfast in F & B's. Unless your idea of a hearty breakfast is seriuosly different to mine...:rotfl:
  • BillTrac
    BillTrac Posts: 1,869 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 19 July 2010 at 4:32PM
    Options
    woody01 wrote: »
    What on earth would you expect from a chain.......Frankie and Benny's is no different from any other.

Staffed by chimpanzees......serving poor food......to the underclasses and lard !!!!!s.

Woody, you really are a prize !!!!.

F & Bs isn't staffed by chimps..maybe patronised by them.

By the way, Woody mind your knuckles on the way out.....!!!! Is it time for your little class now?

Unfortunately, the filter set by MSE doesn't appreciate reality comments about idiots like Woody, so you will just have to guess what I wrote....
  • lizzie_dripping
    Options
    I've eaten at Frankie and Bennys at Gatwick, Basildon Festival Leisure Park, Southend and Cambridge.

Never had a problem with either food or service.
  • FATBALLZ
    FATBALLZ Posts: 5,146 Forumite
    Options
    memelalou wrote: »
    I wounder if it is just me, but when i have eaten at Frankie and Bennies in the past, the food weridly tastes fresher and better when the place is packed than when there is only a few other diners?

That is almost certainly because when it is busy, they have to cook the food fresh, but when it's not busy they either cook at the start of the day and reheat it when you order, or are serving yesterdays leftovers.

Last time i went to franky and bennys it was nearly dead and we were sat at a table and then ignored for 20 minutes, nobody even asked if we wanted a drink or came to the general area where we were sat so we just left and never went back.
  • Gavin78
    Gavin78 Posts: 256 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Woody01 you seem to be very concerned with educational status, interllectualism and intelligence with an aim to compete with people on here I dont see anything different in your posts to anyone else if you are so bothered by people who live in council houses and eat at substandard establishments then what are you doing hanging about this post for?

Both me and my partner are both well off and have our own home and cars....we have both lived in council house before and dont have a problem going back. I have eaten at more up market restaurants and I can say for sure the service doesn't get any better than a "substandard establishment" however people have a right to complain regardless and I can tell you for a FACT stuck up toffee nosed people complain more than anyone else.

I hope this clarifies and stops the apparent one up man ship you appear to have.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport