Frankie & Benny

Options

Comments

• Katie1980_2
    Katie1980_2 Posts: 178 Forumite
    Options
    I am shocked that you did not even consider the fact of complaining whilst you were still in F&B's they would have discounted your meal or even offered to replace it for you.

Waiting 2 minutes that is nothing and so what if the server was busy talking YOU dont know he was flirting he could have been trying to sort out rotas or shift changes. Multiple servers are quite common.

I would have said tough you did not give us chance to rectify it there and then, so no longer our problem

Katie
    Of all the things I have lost I miss my mind the most
    £2,960 in debt to RBS paying off at £10 a Fortnight
  • olias
    olias Posts: 3,588 Forumite
    Options
    ovetta2001 wrote: »
    When it comes to waiting 2 mins it isnt long but concidering that he looked at me and looked !!!!ed off then ignored me to continue flirting...thats what annoyed me.
    I didn't complain at the time because we had 3 different people serving us and i know my temper can get out of hand if im getting very annoyed. My other half doesnt do scenes either.
    I have been a waitress too and if there was a problem we actually cared about our customers. As for a free round of drinks or free food. It was !!!! food, I didn't want any more. My partner and I don't drink either so thanks but cola that you give to the staff for free is a joke.

I suggest anger management courses for yourself and assertiveness courses for your other half:rotfl:
  • sinstar
    sinstar Posts: 309 Forumite
    Options
    Wow, get a grip of yourselves. If the food was so incredibly awful, you should have stopped eating it and complained. Not eaten it then gone home and decided you wanted it for free. You sound like the kind of people who would sue after falling over because you weren't even looking where you were walking.
  • sarahb
    sarahb Posts: 314 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We used to eat in F&B's regularly but found the food & service deteriorated over time. The final straw came when we asked to sit at our usual table only to be told we couldn't as that area had been cleaned. (Before anyone suggests, no it wasn't because the floor was slippy or anything like that, they just didn't want customers messing it up !)
  • jjdevine
    jjdevine Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I have written to F&B to complain in the past after a poor meal and service - I recieved coupons for a discount if we returned and I am happy to say that since that time (nearly 3 years ago) the service and food at the restaurant has improved dramatically and I still go there on a regular basis.

I am a little bit confused as to why people feel the need to have a go at the OP for not complaining in person, I would never do this at a restaurant (although I would at other places) because if the staff have so little pride in their work that it came to the point I had to complain then I would not be confident they would not tamper with my food if I complained. Even if I was not ordering further food there is a good chance of being recognised if you ever return to the restaurant. Maybe some of you like the taste of spit in your food but you should appreciate this doesn't apply to everyone.
  • lousue0906_2
    lousue0906_2 Posts: 338 Forumite
    Options
    A group of us went to Frankie & Benny's last night to celebrate 2 of our birthdays.
    We were approached when we walked in and whilst waiting for our table to be prepared we ordered drinks at the bar. We asked to put the drinks on the bill but were told it wasn't possible to add bar drinks onto a bill?? We paid cash and after a few minutes we were seated.
    The waiter was pleasant if not a little too familiar with his attitude, but I guess you can expect that from young staff. I have to say the food was nice and we enjoyed our starters and main courses. We were then asked about desserts, we ordered our desserts and coffees, only to be told that the coffee machine had been turned off for the night so we couldn't have coffee unless we were prepared to wait around 45 minutes for them to turn the machine on. I could have understood this if it had been late at night but it was on 9;30pm!
    The friends I was out with last night are similar people to me and we all view desserts and coffee as the best part of a meal, we normally have a few liquers & brandies with our coffee as well.
    We didn't really want desserts if we couldn't have coffee with them, so we paid our bill and left.

Sorry for the rant but I feel really disappointed with Frankie & Benny's and wondered if someone could tell me if Frankie & Benny's usually close the equipment down so early and potentially ruin peoples nights out?
  • DKLS
    DKLS Posts: 13,459 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    When I was a waiter, if a customer was particularly obnoxious, they used to get the special treatment. :D the head chef was the worst for it and he had some disgusting tricks he used to pull on customers food.

However if a customer complained politely, the issue would be resolved promptly without fuss or retribution.
  • marleyboy
    marleyboy Posts: 16,698 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    DKLS wrote: »
    When I was a waiter, if a customer was particularly obnoxious, they used to get the special treatment. :D the head chef was the worst for it and he had some disgusting tricks he used to pull on customers food.
    Not a good idea to complain about the food whilst your there then, especially if they offer you a replacement meal ;)
    :A:dance:1+1+1=1:dance::A
    "Marleyboy you are a legend!"
    MarleyBoy "You are the Greatest"
    Marleyboy You Are A Legend!
    Marleyboy speaks sense
    marleyboy (total legend)
    Marleyboy - You are, indeed, a legend.
  • ryoden
    ryoden Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    We went to F&B last night, a group of 8 of us for a birthday. The evening started well at 7:30, went to our booked table. The place was a bit noisy for normal conversation but meh.

Ordered our meals, waited about 15 mins. Finally what I assume was the manager or head waiter came back and said they had run out of pizza? How the hell does a restaurant run out of pizza at 7:45pm especially when 1/3 of the menu appears to be pizza based (folded or flat). Anyway 3 of us had to re-order, got burgers for a quick pick (whoopee £9 for a burger and chips). The burger was ok but no better than a weatherspoons burger consider it was more than twice the price.

The evening went ok after that, despite the lights going out for three birthdays around the place. Anyway after going to bed I was woken at midnight by my wife running to the toilet with extreme stomach pains followed by the squirts. WOW mild food poisoning to finish the night off great... I guess I was glad i didnt have the salmon fishcakes.

Needless to say we wont be going again.
  • kuohu
    kuohu Posts: 913 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I hate it when you read half a thread before realising it's almost 2 years old :)
    DFW Nerd 035
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport