Frankie & Benny

Options

Comments

• Timmne
    Timmne Posts: 2,555 Forumite
    Options
    No but you could have been let off paying for it!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    steveo3002 wrote: »
    i always thought ribs falling of the bone was a good sign? means its well cooked and decent meat?

It is, not sure if you have heard of Damons a large American chain that have a handfull of resturants over here but the meat falls off the bones, it beautiful, thats the way its meant to be.

(free meals on your birthday too, im going in 2 weeks :j )
  • RadoJo
    RadoJo Posts: 1,828 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "I have been a waitress too and if there was a problem we actually cared about our customers. As for a free round of drinks or free food. It was !!!! food, I didn't want any more. My partner and I don't drink either so thanks but cola that you give to the staff for free is a joke."

But how was the waiter/waitress to know that the food was !!!!!! if you didn't say anything at the time? I don't really understand why you didn't complain - I see that you have said that your temper can get out of hand, but surely sending some food back, saying to someone 'That wasn't very nice and I don't want to eat it' isn't going to make you angry. And if they offered you free drinks and you don't drink, then ask for something else. If you can't trust yourself not to cause a scene, so don't say anything at all, then there's really nothing the restaurant staff can do for you. Writing to them now might get a reponse, but the fact that you just ate the food, paid and left makes it look like an afterthought that you have complained. For £40, you could have a nice meal in plenty of chain restaurants which don't use the processed, low quality food that you get in Franky and Benny's anyway.
  • pinkshoes
    pinkshoes Posts: 20,132 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    F&Bs - It's a typical chain restaurant, usually found near bowling alleys or cinemas, that serves "throw it in the fryer and cover it with bottled sauce or flavouring" food, and pays its staff minimum-ish wage, and has the usual high turnover of staff.

Next time, try a small local restaurant where they cook the meal from scratch.

If you EVER have a problem with food in a restaurant, call the waiter over and let them know! There's no point in complaining afterwards!
    Should've = Should HAVE (not 'of')
    Would've = Would HAVE (not 'of')

No, I am not perfect, but yes I do judge people on their use of basic English language. If you didn't know the above, then learn it! (If English is your second language, then you are forgiven!)
  • uktim29
    uktim29 Posts: 2,722 Forumite
    Options
    Seeing you've been a waitress which would mean you know which way to complain and also how not to complain which would come with seeing how the customers do it. You'd know how to go about complaining so not to cause a fuss/scene but also get across your point to get the best outcome I'm quiet surprised you ended up doing nothing and asking what to do on here.
  • Sssssss
    Sssssss Posts: 1,094 Forumite
    Options
    2mins is not a long time to wait, do you really want a waiter taking your order even before you've got your bum on yer seat?

good garlic bread should be moist, therefore will be greasy, it is after all melted butter

meat coming off the bone, that is a good rib shows it's well cooked

lack of taste, you could have asked for a pot of BBQ sauce

LET IT GO!
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sssssss wrote: »
    2mins is not a long time to wait, do you really want a waiter taking your order even before you've got your bum on yer seat?

good garlic bread should be moist, therefore will be greasy, it is after all melted butter

meat coming off the bone, that is a good rib shows it's well cooked

lack of taste, you could have asked for a pot of BBQ sauce

LET IT GO!

I think that type of garlic bread has probably never been introduced to butter-it will be oil. We went there recently,on someone elses invitation-the food was as mediocre (bad to me) as the OP says.All that money for a bit of cheap pasta..I could throw together a better meal using Asda smartprice products for about £1,and thats being over-generous.
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would have walked out long before the 2 minutes was up - that's always a sign esp if the waiters/waitresses were ignoring you. We only even go to F&B when the little one has earnt a treat and for some bizarre reason it used to be her favorite place to eat!!! We've managed to up her to Pizza Express thank goodness - so no more of that nonsense any more.

Learn from it and try proper restaurants in future. Or, if you really like the food there, ask them at the time what is going on; don't just leave it...

Edited to say: waiting 2 minutes before being sat down in a virtually empty restaurant is a long time in my book...
  • katiekittykat
    Options
    2 mins is not a long time to wait.

If the food was really that bad - then why did you eat it? what is the point of writing to complain just to get vouchers? surely you wouldn't want to eat there again anyway.
    Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • chappers
    chappers Posts: 2,988 Forumite
    Options
    You really should have complained at the time but its always worth a punt you never know a mate of mine took to a complaining campaign a couple of years ago just for a laugh(was taking the pi55 really). He always made sure though that he complained at the time even for the silliest things. If he didn't get anything at the time he would write a letter to head office stating how their failure to deliver the "correct2 lievel of service had wrecked his life.
    Was amazed at the amount of free stuff he got.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure