We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax isa reward .

1…7891012

Comments

  • Scot_39
    Scot_39 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 2 October at 11:16PM

    AS per the press release details

    "Customers must transfer at least £25,000 (total balance across accounts) between 11th March 2026
    and 31st May 2026 into their Cash ISA."

    If it can be split by accounts, it implies can be split by transfers - as would be independent to each account.

    I'd take that as they still owe you £150

  • Scot_39
    Scot_39 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Around 1.7p/day per £150 in a very decent instant access - hardly seems worth the phone call - as long as like in your case the money comes.

    But I do worry about the underpayments others reporting.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 October at 12:36AM

    And ….

    Cashback will be calculated on the total amount deposited and available in your Lloyds Bank Cash ISA as at 31st August 2026

    They really are making a pig's ear of this promo !

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

  • Scot_39
    Scot_39 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 3 October at 12:52AM

    Yes the word "total" is pretty clear when it comes to the offer.

    I can see them annoying a lot of once loyal long term current account customers.

  • jankers30
    jankers30 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper

    Still waiting for my cashback. Complaint went in Thursday morning.

  • Yorkshire_Pud
    Yorkshire_Pud Posts: 2,061 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 3 October at 9:34AM

    I’m also waiting for my reward from Halifax. I attempted to use their chat facility in the app but it doesn’t work/not available. As others have said it’s pretty shoddy to miss their own deadline after four months including the last month validation period. Perhaps they assigned a team of one or two people to administer it. Reminds me of the Nationwide debacle a few years back for their 0.75% interest isa and £50 incentive iirc.

    My deposit was on 1st June but did all the prep to make sure I’d still be eligible and by putting my request in a week or whatever it was prior was told that would count. But do the team know that?


    I’ll make a complaint next week if they don’t come through soon.

  • GalacticaActual
    GalacticaActual Posts: 437 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary 100 Posts Newshound! Photogenic
    edited 3 October at 10:25AM

    My cashback was deposited yesterday evening into my Halifax current account, relating to my Lloyds Cash ISA. I was expecting the cashback to be paid into my Lloyds current account.

    Lloyds ISA Cashback.png

    Thankfully I didn’t close my Halifax current account before the cashback was deposited yesterday!

    From the Lloyds Bank Cash ISA transfer offer details:

    Cash ISA transfer offer  Cash ISAs  Lloyds.png
  • Scot_39
    Scot_39 Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 3 October at 11:33AM

    if iirc it was in the actual detailed t&cs it said the last current account opened - and not to close that - and yes that will be now across group.

    So lloyds, halifax, bank of scotland plus their more specialised banks.

    and arent Haliax now essentialky rebranded as Lloyds now anyway. Or is tgst still ongoing.

    my local Halifax branxh is now Lloyds 2m ago anf the old Lloyds branch shut during tge rebrand not after - so no branch for 1 week or so. Ive got access to 2 of the 3 have accounts with via apps and online now.

  • TinaBallerina
    TinaBallerina Posts: 41 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I've just checked this morning (Saturday) and I got my cashback yesterday at some point from afternoon onwards. I was only expecting the minimum cashback of £150 so thankfully that's what I've received. I had not got as far as raising a complaint yet so it does look like they are working through their backlog.

    I'm sorry to hear they have underpaid some of you and I hope you get paid the rest of what you are due.

    Just to add to the discussion about what account they would choose to pay the cashback into, they have paid it into my Bank of Scotland current account but my Lloyds current account was my most recently opened. My ISA transfer was into a BoS ISA.

  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 36,516 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited 3 October at 3:49PM

    I opened a Hfx and a Lloyds ISA and £150 has been paid into my into my BOS current account today with a date of 5th despite me having both Lloyds and Hfx current accounts. The BOS is the oldest of my accounts and Hfx the newest, go figure ! They must be working overtime as it wasn't there first thing this morning.

    edit… 2nd £150 paid into BOS account so that is me all square.

    Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.

    Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.

    Jean Cocteau 1889-1963

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.