We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Virgin email closing down

12346»

Comments

  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 12,459 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I have had a Sky email for donkey years completely free and I can’t believe Sky would consider such a bad PR move as this.

    You may be right, but Sky haven't issued any new email addresses for nearly 5 years (much like Virgin).

    If it was my only email address I'd be making alternative arrangements just in case. Much easier to do at your own pace rather than having a deadline imposed.

    Lots of other email suppliers out there, many are free.

  • victor2
    victor2 Posts: 8,637 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 2 October at 1:45PM

    Just had a look at Junara. It's free for the first year for people with an existing VM address, then £59 p.a. thereafter for their most basic offering.

    Won't be going there!

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the In My Home MoneySaving, Energy and Techie Stuff boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. 

    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 75,495 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    I’m looking at it as a safety net, for 99p I get another year of making sure all my email addresses and online shop log ins etc have successfully changed to my Gmail account.

    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    That's my plan too @soolin , so reading along to find out people's experiences of signing up with Junara. 🤔

  • Pdman
    Pdman Posts: 46 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    edited 3 October at 1:41PM

    Move to Junara completed in 5 mins. I have been given 18 months for my 99p!

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.