We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
TalkTalk full fibre offer
Comments
-
Was that Talktalk you spoke to or Sky? You are aware that Talktalk are going into administration I presume?
Go to the following BT website to see what's available for yourself. Just put the house number and your postcode in, no need for anything else. Tell us what the 3 lines under the table say.
0 -
It was TT that I was talking about
I was unaware that TT had any problems until this morning - they are apparently being taken on by BT
I am unsure about the implications of this - what will it mean for me ?
And here's proof of availability
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
I have, of course used hello@talktalkplc.com and heretohelp@talktalkplc.com to try to contact TT with no success !
According to Facebook - TT use customerinfodesk101@gmail.com as an admin email address - but if you google customerinfodesk101@gmail.com - it brings up many different companies using the same address …
So - no idea what's going on
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
@MouldyOldDough Early days with TT going, it looks like BT is taking over domestic and commercial but things may change yet.
0 -
My contract expires next month - what should I do ?
Should I run away and use an independent ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
How about sit and chill for a month? Then decide what to do once you know what's happening.
If it sticks, force it.
If it breaks, well it wasn't working right anyway.0 -
What are your options via (say) the MSE Unbundled site? if there's an option that appeals there I'd be tempted to move now, although it may get messy long before your FTTP is installed. If an altnet like VM are available for a decent price I might go for them and revisit Openreach companies in 2 years time.
0 -
All that’s happening at the moment is TT have been saved from the imminent threat of collapse, it probably wouldn’t be the choice of some , but upgrading to FTTP with TT should still be possible , obviously what happens after that is anybody’s guess, but even if you were transferred to Plusnet (for example) in the future the terms and conditions woukd need to be maintained otherwise you could just leave .
If you don’t want any surprises, then obviously you can change provider now , depending on what networks are available will obviously affect the choices available, it was Openreach FTTP you were considering upgrading to with Talk Talk , so clearly other Openreach based providers are available, not just TT
0 -
Cuckoo are available at £23 for a 900Mb line - but NO PHONE which my wife REQUIRES !
Which leads me to another question - which ISPs allow the use of speech/phone on a fibre line ?
or if I did stay with TT and recontract - would BT or whoever take the line over - have to allow the continued use of the phone and at the same price for the rest of the contract ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
BBC are reporting that BT are taking over TT !!
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


