We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
TalkTalk full fibre offer
Comments
-
That's what I am concerned about - has anyone got any evidence of this happening ?
There are lots of threads here on the forum where accounts have been moved. There are also plenty of news accounts of TT transferring thousands of customers to other suppliers.
Here's a thread that links to an official MSE article, and discussion of it:
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
My option is Sky :
Thank you for sharing your concerns about the cost of your current Sky package, especially the calls element. I understand you're looking for a more affordable option, particularly as you've seen a lower price elsewhere for 24/7 calls including mobiles.
**Current Offer for Sky Talk Anytime Extra**
We can offer you **Sky Talk Anytime Extra** at a discounted rate of **£10 per month** (normally £18), with this £8 discount applied for 24 months on a 24-month contract.
**What's included in Sky Talk Anytime Extra?**
- **Unlimited inclusive calls** at any time, day or night, to UK landline and mobile numbers (01, 02, 03, and 07 numbers).
- Calls last up to an hour each—if you need to talk longer, simply hang up and redial to avoid extra charges.
If you combine this with our **Gigafast broadband**, your total would be **£35 per month**, or **£45 per month** if you choose **Full Fibre 1.6 Broadband**.
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
You're taking that I'd guess?
0 -
£10 to £12 for `unlimited minutes’ call plans is easily achievable with BT and EE if taken as a part of a broadband 24 month minimum term deal , it’s a little better in one respect to Sky there is no need to hang up and redial after an hour , there is no 60 min individual call limit when charges then kick in
0 -
Probably yes - it does appear to be a better deal than TT ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Your posts have confused me, are you with TT or Sky for broadband currently? If TT, is the 'upgraded router' the Amazon eero? If so, I'd stick with TT, the Sky Max Hub can be appalling.
0 -
I'm with TT. TT upgrade me to the eero if I do go full fibre with them….
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Stick with TT then, given your history with Sky I suspect you will not be happy with their router.
0 -
I renewed and upgraded from Full Fibre 150 to 500. New router sent out and haven't had a problem with it. Pay £34/month, including the Fixed Price Plus, contract stays at this price for the duration.
Pity the TT Community Page has folded, it was very helpful to me in the early days.
But received an email from O2(mobile contract) today with their merger with Virgin Media, 1GIG Fibre £25/month going up til 27 in April next year. I could be swayed but the grass is always greener comes to mind.
0 -
OK I finally decided to upgrade and due to poor speech, I am limited to communicating via live chat - which I did and chatted to a foreign chap who insisted that Full Fibre was not even available at my property - which is a total lie !
He told me that I was limited to my present 65Mb connection !
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


