We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
TalkTalk full fibre offer
Comments
-
It seems ok but always have a look on uSwitch etc to see what other offers there are. As mentioned you might get a gift card for switching or be able to get cashback with TopCashBack.
Also, do you need phone calls included? Most people use mobiles now as they are cheaper.
0 -
Yes we do - with unlimited calls booster
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Of course not, the ONT and the router are connected by a standard cat5e or cat6 ethernet cable, the phone is connected by a standard cable (can't recall offhand the codes). Either or both can be pretty much any length you want in your normal house.
0 -
And they are all to be located in the same place - the hallway or wherever the router is ?
While they don't have to be - the ONT location is more-or-less fixed at time of installation,.but as the above poster says the others can be wherever you want them in a home smaller than a mansion - if you specifically wanted them all to be together, they could.
For example my copper line enters my house in my hall. I currently have my broadband router and my landline phone colocated there. When we eventually get fibre I could choose to keep everything there.
N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Intelligent Go elec / Fuse gas / Vodafone BB / iD mobile. Kirk Hill Co-op member.Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs, Best kettle!
2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 37 MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.0 -
As in power sockets??
Joe0 -
I can send u a photo of my talk talk set up with phone if u want
Joe1 -
I mean "3 into one" plug adapters
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
I think that I'm going with TalkTalk - it's a case of "better the devil you know" and I do know them extremely well (I've been with them since the days of DIAL UP (We used to connect at less than 20Kbps))
And £37 for a 1Gbps line with calls is pretty good - I can always negotiate when they try to up their prices next year - or even try to get a fixed deal for a couple of years
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0 -
Sign up with Talk Talk and start a sweepstake on how many weeks it will be before they sell your account off to someone else .
3 -
That's what I am concerned about - has anyone got any evidence of this happening ?
If I was half as smart as I think I am - I'd be twice as smart as I REALLY am.0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

