We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
The Santander Zero credit card (which started life as Abbey National Zero) has also remained consistent. I think it's my second oldest card, after my Barclaycard Cashback, which started life as Egg Money. I actually can't remember which of those two I opened first. I still regard Halifax Clarity as a whippersnapper 😂
1 -
Aye indeed am the same with the BC when it was indeed egg..I liked the egg money c
0 -
Yes - but it has been available, then unavailable - then available again? then no longer available. I've a relative who has it, and he thinks its great.
Santander has blown hot and cold - while Clarity has just kept on doing its thing….
0 -
I got a good chuckle reading these comments. It was the Halifax management very much at the helm at HBOS and a core reason for it's demise.
Lloyds was given the option of selling off BoS or it's own subsidiary Lloyds TSB Scotland. It retained the former.
0 -
Anyone else who's been logging on to Halifax (on PC) recently keep getting swapped to different log on systems? It used to be username, password, memorable info. This recently changed to just username and memorable info. A few days' ago (for me) it reverted to requiring the password, and now logging on today, it's no password 🤪
1 -
Same here too , very strange .
1 -
Lloyds think they can keep me sweet about the demise of the Halifax brand by giving me a million pounds.
3 -
Well ive just had to renew accounts & tried doing my Halifax accounts via Lloyd's & it failed. So it does look like I'm losing 3 connections
1 -
Good luck, someone has to win it but, why would the loss of the Halifax be worth much to anyone ? Apart from the recent 8% regular saver I don't recall them having any competitive offers.
1 -
Some of us have many Halifax accounts in our YouGov daily points. It will hurt if we lose those. No worries though. something else will no doubt come along soon…..
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




