We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
I have accounts with all three brands. Halifax and BoS are visible in both their apps. However Lloyds accounts only appear in the Lloyds app without visibility of the others. Any ideas?
0 -
It gets rebranded as a Lloyds account, but apparently it will actually be a BOS account, as all Halifax branded accounts have been since the Halifax/BOS merger. This will get interesting for FSCS purposes distinguishing between original Lloyds accounts and ex-Halifax Lloyds accounts.
Eco Miser
Saving money for well over half a century1 -
No ideas - all of my Lloyds accounts are visible in the Halifax app
2 -
They were able to distinguish between Lloyds TSB and Lloyds TSB Scotland accounts easily enough previously.
It's also quite possible they'll migrate the Halifax to Lloyds brand cohort over the Lloyds Bank plc later on anyway.
0 -
@ZeroSum I don’t think we need to worry, as long as YouGov continue to use PLAID for the connection. PLAID starts by offering you a long list of banks to log into, so we just log into Lloyds in future. It’s working already. I have just renewed all my Halifaxes by logging into Lloyds. Panic over 😀
2 -
I have 3 regular savers between the two banks, one being a Club Lloyds. The Lloyds regular saver matures later this month, and the Halifax one recently renewed and is only 2 months in. It will be interesting to see if I get to renew the Lloyds one this month.
I assume I will, as the changes will still be a work in progress.
The regular savers aren't much of an issue for me, but I'm fond of my Clarity card. Other providers have blown hot and cold on foreign transactions, chopping and changing offers, but Clarity has consistently done what it says on the tin.
0 -
If you live near the border will there be any option to shift to BOS without having to apply for new accounts.
0 -
Not keeping the same account number, no.
It is addressed in the FAQs:
https://www.halifax.co.uk/brand-change/change-faqs.html
If I live in Scotland, can’t I just change to Bank of Scotland instead?
All Halifax accounts are being rebranded to Lloyds. We are happy to support customers who want to move their accounts to Bank of Scotland.
0 -
Yes, they're easy to distinguish by sort code, I was thinking about the description they will have to use in the documents describing their FSCS protection - BOS will have to include "and some Lloyds branded accounts" and Lloyds will have to explain that only some Lloyds branded accounts are included in their FSCS protection.
Eco Miser
Saving money for well over half a century0 -
You have to apply for a new account then switch into it. I registered for BOS app yesterday using my Halifax details then applied in the app and I was not credit searched to open a bank of Scotland account.
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


