We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
-
I jumped early from Halifax credit card to the Lloyds app.
I also have a Bank of Scotland account (where the Halifax shows).
When I completed it I got the message 'We will send a code to your parent or guardian by letter' 😁
Anyway I got the letter and it all worked. It was quite a surprised because the Lloyds app IS the BoS and Halifax app it looks like the BoS and Halifax are literally just dying brands now getting a free ride off Lloyds.
Interestingly the Lloyds app doesn't show my Open Banking accounts (eg Chase) but they are listed in settings saying they're registered with BoS. I'm guessing I'd need to remove them from the BoS app then re-add them inside Lloyds.
Although my Halifax Clarity shows in BoS when they send some types of security codes they ONLY go to the Halifax app so we'll see what happens with Lloyds before deleting the Halifax (disabled for the moment).
If I could move everything to Lloyds I would and totally de-brand from the Bank of Scotland as long as I can keep my current account details as I know them by heart.
Farewell to the Halifax brands and BoS (which is toxic to my mind) once Lloyds grow the balls to do it.
Demutualisation worked very well for old Halifax building society staff and members they done very well from it but millions are still paying for the mass avarice of those times. Selling England by the pound, indeed.
One thing I noted with the Lloyds app is the required password is VERY short I like to use very long passwords.
0 -
Farewell to the Halifax brands and BoS (which is toxic to my mind) once Lloyds grow the balls to do it.
Why is BoS toxic? RBS is to many, because of the bail-out in 2008 but why BoS?
4 -
HBOS was also bailed out in 2008.
2 -
Indeed but the poster (M25) above only said BoS was toxic. Implying that they had no problem with Halifax. HBOS was a previous brand that included both Halifax and BoS. So why specifically say BoS is toxic?
I'm merely wondering whether they are confusing (as many do) BoS with RBS. As RBS's bailout and the whole Fred Goodwin scandal was much better known.1 -
Cant help but feel us customers will eventually get shafted by this.
I know its not a merger as Lloyds owned the Halifax brand anyway, but whenever similar things like this happens its always the customers that lose out. They always say nothing will change, but it always does.
This move isnt being done to benefit the customers
2 -
Lloyds no longer allows customers to hold both the Club Lloyds monthly saver and their normal Lloyds one.
1 -
I don't know about shafted, but we definitely are losing some accounts and features which many of us valued. First the removal of the monthly rewards in the Halifax Reward accounts, then the demise (eventually) of the Halifax monthly saver, and the limit of one Lloyds monthly saver, then the Clarity card…… but I am a glass-half-full person and always on the lookout for other benefits, at Lloyds or wherever.
0 -
But I wasnt aware that Halifax had anything outstanding to offer in the first place, therefore there doesn't seem much to lose. In what way do you think their customers will get 'shafted' ?
0 -
Assuming by 'normal Lloyds one' you mean their 5.25% monthly saver you can hold that alongside the 6.25% Club Lloyds Monthly Saver. You have always been able to hold both accounts and nothing has changed.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




