We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
Can now confirm her kids savers & mortgage are showing in Lloyds.
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
I've been wondering the same as I've got the same username for all 3 of my Lloyds, Halifax and BoS profiles… 😮
3 -
I am hoping it transforms into a Lloyds Ultra CC as I am ineligible for one of those at the moment as I already hold two Lloyds CC, with no facility to convert either into an Ultra. Else it goes in the bin.
I have ample travel CCs anyway though tbf1 -
'Halifax to Vanish'......good. They are a bit of a has been, don't offer anything market leading, they don't have any product to attract me, there's no wow factor, they just take up space on my high street that could be used by a more useful retailer. I've had accounts in the recent past but now, I really won't miss them.
1 -
When I looked a few years ago they offered the best kids savings account.
Does another provider offer better these days?
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
Like vape shops and turkish barbers
5 -
Having both Lloyds and Halifax brands has seemed a bit pointless to me for quite a while. Having Plusnet and whichever one out of EE and BT it is this week made some sense as they had different pricing and let them target two different areas of the market, but Halifax was just Lloyds with a blue label stick on it.
0 -
When they transfer you to the new Lloyds app, there is the facility to then change your existing card to a new one, Lloyds Ultra being a good choice. At the moment they don't let you move between brands, but I guess that will change one they migrated you to the Lloyds brand (but this is only a guess!)
1 -
So if you have accounts with both Halifax and Lloyds then what? Your Halifax account just converts to an extra Lloyds account?
1 -
Well, in that case I think you will be disappointed. To quote from the MSE article on the rebranding:
Halifax debit and credit cards will eventually be replaced with Lloyds-branded ones
If you have any Halifax debit or credit cards, these will continue to work as normal for the time being.
However, you will eventually be sent Lloyds-branded replacements "in the future". The Group hasn't specified exactly when this will be, but it says it will contact you in advance to let you know.
The Group has also confirmed that these replacements will be like-for-like – if you've a Halifax Clarity credit card, for example, you'll simply be given a Lloyds Clarity credit card when the time comes.
4
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




