We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
I have Halifax accounts and just tried to log in using the Lloyds website. The Lloyds system didn't recognise my login credentials, so I assume Halifax users will need to register again on the Lloyds website.
2 -
Or maybe more likely Lloyds will just migrate/copy Halifax profiles over to the Lloyds platform when the time comes.
2 -
Also it pays credit interest at 3% on up to £5k. I have various Direct Debits coming out of the account, so I like to maintain a small balance in it at all times, and it's better to get some interest on that money than none.
1 -
I have just had a message re my Halifax clarity credit card to inform me that I will shortly be migrated to the Lloyd's app. Further information will follow.
0 -
Any suggestions what to do with the Clarity card? Keeping it [for travel]? Replacing it with a different credit card?
0 -
I can see this could be an issue - but then, the Open Banking providers will know about the change, and will hopefully offer options to access migrated Halifax accounts.Fingers xed.
0 -
That's the big question, I've used one for years abroad as it was a moneysavingexpert.com recommendation.
0 -
I have some savings accounts with Halifax & some with Lloyds can’t have 2 lol 😂 so dunno what ones to close
0 -
I tried logging in to the Lloyd's app with my Halifax details and it didn't work.
The message on the app does say there will be no passwords or memorable details so set up, so it sounds like they will just port you across.
2 -
As you say, Halifax state "Your password and memorable information will stay the same, and you can keep using online banking in the same way you do today."
But they conspicuously do not say your username will not change. My guess is that at least some people will need to have new usernames as theirs is already taken by another Lloyds customer.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
