We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
I would assume the "We are happy to support customers who want to move their accounts to Bank of Scotland" quote just means they will provide support to anybody to do a standard current account switch to a BoS account with different sort code and account number.
A similar thing happened when Lloyds sold of the TSB brand. Anybody with a TSB sort code got told they would be being sold and if they wanted to stay with Lloyds they had to switch to a Lloyds sort code and new account number.
0 -
It will be interesting to see how long it will be before you can change a Halifax-style current account to a Lloyds-style one. Will it be available as soon as the brand is changed, or when you change to the Lloyds app, or will it have to wait until Halifax is no more?
As of today, they are only offering the Halifax-style accounts to existing Halifax customers.
0 -
It sounds like they plan to change to Lloyds credit cards fairly soon:
What will happen to my Halifax credit card?
We'll send you and any additional cardholders a new Lloyds-branded credit card in the future to replace your Halifax one. We’ll let you know when it's time. Your PIN will stay the same, and you’ll be able to manage your card in the same way as you do today, with the same features.
What's happening with the switch from Mastercard to Visa?
The switch will still go ahead and we'll be sending you a new Halifax Visa credit card. We'll be in touch to let you know when we plan to send Lloyds-branded cards to you.
When I get my new Lloyds-branded card, do I need to update my card details for regular payments that go out, like subscriptions, insurance or holiday payments?
No. You won't need to do anything when you get your Lloyds-branded card. We'll contact anyone that needs to be notified.
1 -
So I assume because I have both halifax and BOS account I will simply see them in the lloyds app in due course instead
0 -
The Halifax app will close and you will be asked to move to the Lloyds app.
The BoS app will not change.You can already see all three brands' accounts in all three apps and that will not change.
1 -
Thanks never had the BOS app
0 -
I'd be surprised if any accounts change in any way. It's just a rebrand, not closure of the Halifax. I suspect a Halifax Reward Account will simply become a Lloyds Reward Account. They might withdraw some products and consolidate over time, but not on day one.
I'm just hoping the Clarity credit card isn't discontinued.1 -
I don't particularly care as I only have some burner accounts with them. I'm posting here on behalf of a relative though.
They have kids accounts & a mortgage with them.
They also have a Club Lloyds account purely for Disney - so they don't actually have to register for Lloyds.
Will it just be that one day an account will disappear from Halifax & appear on their Lloyds login?
🤐🤐🤐
0 -
The Halifax accounts are already visible on the Lloyds app, so I suspect they can just continue to use that.
1 -
Her current accounts are.
The kids savers & the mortgage isn't.
🤐🤐🤐
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
