We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Halifax to vanish?

1…910121415…24

Comments

  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I had a feeling that you could already log into the Lloyds app using Halifax details. Certainly that used to be true of the BoS app.

    You can already see your Halifax accounts in the Lloyds app and vice versa.

  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Interestingly, I noted today that the most recent round of branch closures seemed to be complimentary.

    The Halifax branch I got moved to last year when my original branch was closed is now due to close late this year (but not the Lloyds). That would mean that the next nearest Halifax would be 20+ miles away.

    However, I noticed that in the nearest town the Lloyds was being closed, but not the Halifax.

    So I wonder if they will announce the closure of the Halifax brand beforehand and I would get moved to a Lloyds branch in the same town rather than the further away Halifax.

  • Rob5342
    Rob5342 Posts: 3,124 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    It very much seems like Lloyds and Halifax are the same behind the scenes with just different branding applied. When I handled my fathers estate a few years ago I could use my Halifax account to verify my identity when I closed his Lloyds account. It seems like all they'd have to do is essentially peel the Halifax labels off the app.

  • jimjames
    jimjames Posts: 19,438 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    To be honest I've got accounts with both Halifax and Lloyds and their apps have been interchangeable for some time. You can log into either app and see all your accounts with both banks (and BoS as well) to do whatever transactions you need. Payee details are still stored by account though unlike some other banks that make them available across any account you hold with them.

    Remember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 1 July at 12:38PM

    it will happen over times!


    they will start with for example standard current accounts where they will invite them to join the Lloyds app & all their letters & statements will move over to Lloyds branding! With debit card changing when yours expires


    Halifax branches will rebrand to Lloyds early 2027 with no branches closing for now maybe future down the line as some towns won’t need 2 branches

  • King_Of_Fools
    King_Of_Fools Posts: 1,664 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    So as we suspected, they are changing the brand on different accounts at different times (probably based on sort code).

  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 2,151 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    edited 1 July at 12:47PM

    for example they do it like this!


    Stage 1 standard current accounts/Kids accounts/under 19 accounts

    stage 2 will be savings accounts

    Stage 3 will be credit cards

    Stage 4 Reward accounts

    Stage 5 mortgages


    people with reward accounts savings accounts credits cards across both brands will be harder as can’t have 2 club Lloyds accounts etc

  • jackjones01
    jackjones01 Posts: 572 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I wonder what the process will be to move to bank of Scotland instead.

  • abxbsk
    abxbsk Posts: 50 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Whilst I understand my account number and sort code will remain the same which account will I be moved to? I have a Halifax Rewards Account .. will I be transferred to the Club Lloyds account or their basic account?

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.