We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
The Lloyds Ultra Credit card appears similar to Clairity in terms of no FX charges, but it also offers cashback on top.
1 -
In which case, they may have to migrate the Halifax app to Lloyds, when invited.
They may have planned for merging login accounts as there must be thousands of people who have both Halifax and Lloyds accounts with separate logins for each app.
0 -
I have a feeling im going to lose 3 yougov connections
2 -
Why would they bother to retain Halifax products?
It will be confirmed in due course but I'd expect Reward to Club Lloyds, Current Account to Lloyds Classic and Ultimate Reward to Club Lloyds Platinum.
0 -
I’m switching Halifax Reward current account to Nationwide next week (£175) and, assuming my new RBS Mastercard works as expected abroad the week after, I’ll close my Halifax Clarity. That’s 2 fewer accounts to manage👏🏻
1 -
It will only affect Halifax customers who live in Scotland but original Halifax branch is outwith Scotland.
They can migrate to Lloyds by default or they'll probably help with a CASS to BOS for them.
0 -
They may not be able to easily change Reward to Club Lloyds, for example.
They are very very similar, but Reward has a £3 per month fee unless you pay in £1500 or more, whereas Club Lloyds has a £5 per month fee unless you pay in £2000 or more.
As they have said nothing is changing at the moment (account fees, etc.) I imagine they will keep Reward as a legacy product for a while and then later give people the option to upgrade to Club Lloyds with the higher fee/funding or downgrade to Classic.
1 -
does this mean you’ll need to effectively open a new account?
0 -
I have Halifax standard current account!
I wonder when my letters/statements will be Lloyds branded even when my accounts show in the app as Lloyds will that be soon or ages away?
Will my statements have new Lloyds logo
0 -
I would imagine so, yes.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
