We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Halifax to vanish?
Comments
-
Whilst that would be the closest equivalent account (albeit with some differences) offered by Lloyds it's impossible for anyone to know until the process starts. Whatever they do though, it is so easy to upgrade/downgrade an account I don't think it will cause any problems when the time comes.
0 -
Good point 😊 I'm hoping we get to choose before they move us over!
0 -
really ?
so if I download the lloyds app , I can now login using my Halifax user id, password and memorable information?
And not just to view my accounts but to make transfers etc?
0 -
I said about 6 weeks ago that not everything was possible in the other brand, for instance it wasn't possible to arrange a credit card balance transfer for Halifax in Lloyds app, or for a Lloyds card in the Halifax app, as they'd default back to show same brand.
However that is no longer the case; now either app will arrange balance transfers for either brand card
(Slight difference in card offers sometimes, including now)
1 -
That does not appear to be an option.
Although technically, you already have an account with BoS and will still have an account with BoS even when the brand changes from Halifax to Lloyds.
"Your FSCS protection remains unchanged. Your eligible deposits held with Halifax will continue to be considered within Bank of Scotland plc, separately from any money with Lloyds Bank plc."
Actually it is answered in the FAQs:
If I live in Scotland, can’t I just change to Bank of Scotland instead?
All Halifax accounts are being rebranded to Lloyds. We are happy to support customers who want to move their accounts to Bank of Scotland.
2 -
Ah this could be the end of my rewards with Lloyds … I was refused a Lloyds current account trying to get a switch bonus back in 2020. I had already received the account details, so transferred £1 in before I had the message I had been refused. I have received the reward every year since, all for that same £1
Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty0 -
Not quite.
I have accounts with BoS, Halifax & Lloyds. I can log into any of those 3 apps and make transactions from any of the accounts with all 3 of them. I use Biometric ID but if I didn’t, I‘m fairly sure I would have to use the User ID, password, etc I had initially registered.
So BoS app = BoS ID Halifax = Halifax ID0 -
I've just received an email from Halifax to confirm this and towards the end of the email it mentions a Super Prize Draw:
As a thank you and a welcome, we’ve automatically entered you into our Super Prize Draw. If you continue to hold an eligible current or savings account with us, you’ll be included in the monthly draws taking place from August to November. Prizes range from £1,000 to £1,000,000. You’ll receive extra entries based on the balance in your eligible accounts with one additional entry for every £10,000 you hold. There’s nothing you need to do and taking part doesn’t affect how your account works.
0 -
Just hoping they wait until cards expire to change them. Just had Halifax debit and credit expire and its a ballache changing the card details on all the sites you use
0 -
How will that work i wonder
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

