We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
I applied for one (already have the previous issue maturing on April 1st.) Haven’t funded yet as Hanley, Scottish and Principality RS have 2 weeks to go or thereabouts. It was actually quicker to apply for than any Monmouthshire account before it, with others there was some sort of processing, do not close this page screen. Time will tell whether applications via app have been improved or it was just that there were few applications for this one so it went through immediately.
I was surprised the limit was so low, especially as they’ll recently have had an exodus of a lot of £12k’s (18 or 24 if someone had a fully funded Branch Exclusive and/or RS6 as well.) But given the withdrawals, it’ll do as a holding account (my best EAs are 4.75% and 4.5% as I don’t switch them like I do RS as the objective is not to have much in them.
1 -
I prefer to stay on the top of EAs, all my EAs are currently paying 5%. I have some 5% RSs for speculative purposes, but not for a temporary storage.
0 -
PRINCIPALITY BS Christmas and (other) Regular Savers (RS)
Yes, two of my Regular Savers (RS) (Xmas and Bond 36) will be maturing in two to four weeks, and the next issue is available from two weeks before the maturity date. While I was on the phone, I was told that if I want to keep the same account details, I can use a secure message online or call them to make the request, as long as it is within two weeks before the maturity date and not before. The balance will be transferred out / remain in the account, apart from the minimum required balance to fund the new issue.
PS Thank you to all who has put the bank . product name clearly visible either at the top and / bold in their message - very helpful.
5
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
