We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Is there a list of the top banks and % offers please, I can't seem to find it on here.
Also, do most of these companies apply interest monthly? Is there a calculator of some sort that can work out how much better of I'd be doing this? Thanks
0 -
the list of Regular Saver accounts is on page 1…
that will also tell you whether interest is paid monthly or annually for each account.
with regards to a calculator, MSE have one…
1 -
List of savings accounts - see page 1 of this thread.
Calculator for savings -
Some accounts pay interest monthly, the majority (I think) pay annually.
1 -
You need to view the Hanley page in "desktop" mode on a mobile device to see all the options.
1 -
In the past I was using Debitcard to pay Skipton RS to meet partial condition of £500 debit card spending for Halifax £5 monthly reward. But this is no longer the case because Halifax scraped its £5 monthly reward a few months ago. Skipton RS Account is one of a few RSs account left that allow people to deposit via debitcard
I just removed my SO instruction from my Bank AC and will do manual FP each month from now on.
0 -
Thanks for the tip, still doesn't allow me to send a message.
Never mind.
0 -
yes, I was asked for a statement a number of years ago when I first set up my account. Just posted the statement and had it back almost by return. Don’t know if they accept any other method.
0 -
There are a number of reasons why the page fails to present correctly - mostly related to browsers/cookie-settings/script-blocking software and VPNs.
Unfortunately, a lot of website designers fail to check whether their pages render correctly to the standard (e.g. W3C) against multiple browsers e.g. Firefox/Chrome/Safari/etc. and rely on testing against a couple of more common ones only.
If you're experiencing problems its worth using another browser, lowering its security settings, clearing cache etc. I've also found at least two UK-based organisations whose sites simply won't work with a correctly configured VPN.
I have a main browser with strong security settings, and another with virtually none which I use for these poorly-configured sites. It is ironic that to use an online finance site you are forced to lower all security settings because the site is so poorly designed - that may be the case here. In some cases the site security is so poorly designed I simply stopped using it until it improved.
I never use the low-security browser for any other purpose, and I always ensure all data is wiped immediately after use.
3 -
Monmouthshire BS Regular saver i9. This is not a top RS as it only pays 5% but withdrawal is allowed. Also if you already have the previous issue, it will not be an additional work, apart from apply and set up the first payment.
I did not see any restriction to apply for this RSA for those who has a previous issue ??
Is my understanding correct ?
0 -
MONMOUTHSHIREIs my understanding correct ?Agree with your reading of the terms.
If this had been £500/mth (or more) rather than £250 then might have been useful.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


