We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
It's the same account, it's just that they reduced the rate during the term. I had one opened at launch (8/8/25, matured 31/8/26.) The archived pages are done soon after launch so won't show any rate changes. It wouldn't be the first account to have its name displayed slightly differently in online banking once opened.
You can use a withdrawal to move some of the money if you have somewhere paying more than 5.75% to put it. 2 plus closure allowed, given your balance they must still be remaining.
0 -
Scottish
The same here. £102.13. I tried to withdraw this morning, but it appeared that I didn't have my nominated account set up. Sent a secure message and they set it up very quickly. Made a withdrawal at about 3pm and money arrived to my bank account within 1 hour. Left £1 there to keep my foot in. All good!👍️
1 -
I just had a chat with them. It seems there is a problem with their system or payment system.
The date shown on my online banking
11/07/2026 £250 EPS Archived Statement £250
08/08/2026 £250 EPS Archived Statement
12/09/2026 £250 EPS Archived Statement
October payment has not been shown
Interesting it is described as EPS Archived Statement (Electronic Payment System)
But He confirm the date being credited is in-line with my SO date e.g 1st day each month, like this
01/07/2026 £250
03/08/2026 £250
03/09/2026 £250
03/10/2026 £250
But the date I see on my online AC is the one delayed date around 10 days on the top. He said there is nothing he could do about this. It is very confusing. I wonder does anyone share the same experience ??
I think I just remove the SO for the rest of the term and will do faster payment instead. In the past I am doing either faster payment or payment by Debitcard. and it shown on the same day or maximum one day delay.
2 -
Scottish BS has been forgiven - almost! This mornings transfer from instant access 2 came into my nominated account this afternoon. So next business day was incorrect.
0 -
Skipton
Go with faster payments, easy and reliable. Debit card is also reliable, but you loose interest for a couple of days. Avoid depositing at weekends because the interest won't accrue until the next working day.
0 -
Has anybody managed to successfully give maturity instructions to the Hanley?
Their site will not allow me to send a message (which their e-mail has told me to do) so I called the branch and frankly got absolutely nowhere, quite strange tbh.
Anyone had better luck?
0 -
Hanley
Mine matures on 27th October. I'm considering to let it morph into Instant access. £100 is only required for opening the account, otherwise it is £1 to keep the account. It's probably not necessary because I had a break in my membership before and when the current RS became available my app and login and all my details were still there, so opening new account was straight forward. Just want to keep continuous membership in case they offer online loyalty products in future.
2 -
Hanley maturity
Yes, a couple of days ago I gave them maturity instructions using the messaging facility in the app. I received a message the next day confirming that they had received these instructions.
0 -
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/82163941#Comment_82163941
I was able to message them with maturity instructions and they have confirmed them. Remains to be seen whether they will carry them out.
0 -
i sent them a message regarding maturity instructions yesterday from online banking. Got a reply back today confirming that they had been actioned.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


