We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Darlington Building Society
It might have already been discussed but I opened a Darlington B.S 12m reg esaver 2 account on October 3rd last year. I have paid 12 x £250 and was expecting the account to mature on the 3rd of this month. However as of this moment it is sitting still as a reg account at the original 5.75%. Looking at the t&cs it says the account will mature 12 months after it was opened but in my case this has clearly not happened. Has anyone else come across this?
0 -
Issue 2 matured at the end of the anniversary month, so will mature on 31st October. It allows withdrawals so you can access it if you need some funds.
1 -
It may be that you can deposit into the Santander regular Saver at any time but that money won't start earning interesting until the annviversay date. I don't know this, I'm just speculating. I too have been despositing before my anniversary date because I forgot that detail.
4 -
My Scottish BS RS maturity was on Thursday - goes into Instant Access Saver 2 today. Bit of a misnomer calling it an instant access account when money transferred to nominated account today takes one business day. So as well as money not being available for a day after maturity you have to wait until Monday for funds to arrive in your nominated account. A good rate of 6.5% slightly tarnished.
I left £1 in IAS 2 for presence.
1 -
Worse than that, it's been paying only 6% since January.
I (kind of) got round the weekend delay by emptying the thing a couple of days before maturity then just mopping up the interest later. Left a £ behind too.
2 -
Scottish BS Are you sure it didn't mature into that instant account late yesterday?
Mine did - between 22:00hrs and 23:00hrs. At this time I requested an almost full withdrawal and it was in my C/A mid morning and then I moved to my proper higher paying account not long after.
I can't fault SBS.
1 -
My SBS has less than £200 left in it anyway. Don’t they charge £10 for a same day withdrawal? Min balance is £50 for the RS vs £1 for the IA so I’m hesitant to schedule it for before conversion in case they close it.
1 -
Recently begun another new RS with both Nat West and RBS, could somebody please remind me do they take the money of a weekend?
Mine is due tomorrow.
0 -
Last of Principality RS matures soon. How is everybody maintaining a relationship with Principality? Leaving £1 in an account? Which one?
1 -
Furness
For anyone who might need to access their regular savings with Furness next week:
Furness Digital Savings web platform and our mobile apps (iOS and Android) will be temporarily unavailable from 5.30pm Tuesday 13th October until 6am on Wednesday 14th October.
2
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


