We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…640641642643644646»

Comments

  • happybagger
    happybagger Posts: 1,397 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Yes I've just been reconciling my October balances and see I left the S/O for one of the Hanley accounts running to a 13th payment in error, mine too has an asterisk.

    I expect it will be returned. Last time they bounced a payment back it was 5 days in transit

  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 11,985 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Thanks, yes it's showing as 30th September. I've done another DD today.

    Make £2026 in 2026
    Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77,  Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
    Total £629.02  31%

    Make £2025 in 2025  Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
    Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10

    Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%
    Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%


  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 11,985 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Oh well, some you win, some you don't. I did once send £20K to another institution without doing my usual £10 test payment first. I'd missed a couple of digits off. Despite phoning my bank, they were unable to recall it, I had to wait for it to bounce. Didn't tell my OH……

    Make £2026 in 2026
    Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77,  Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
    Total £629.02  31%

    Make £2025 in 2025  Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
    Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10

    Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%
    Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%


  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,569 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I've never had a payment into HEBS or any society using the same platform show without initially having an asterix against it.

  • Born2Save_3
    Born2Save_3 Posts: 309 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    HEBS £3K6+

    Looks like my £25 card deposit has been accepted yesterday, no * now, trying £275, soon :

    Date

    Description

    In (£)

    Out (£)

    Balance (£)

    01/10/2026

    Receipt by Card

    25.00

    3,725.00

  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,444 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    Hanley - I was going to throw caution to the wind and also send a 13th payment but on checking my account I had already set up the SO to send a 13th payment so its been sat in the account since yesterday.

    I also noticed the maturity instructions set to default to an instant access but I suppose there is still time for Hanley to announce a replacement product.

    Tipton save and grow branch - the never ending saga continues. Having totally ignored both mine and OHs application on the 8th via email - no acknowledgment at all, I messaged them via my Tipton app. Point blank the assistant said I could not have a branch version as well as the app version. I then asked why OHs application had also been ignored, new customer, and she said to send it by post directly to her and she would accept the application. That was on the 21st, posted the paper form the same day. Only today has the cheque been cashed but still nothing by post or email to say the account has been open …

    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,569 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I did cancel and redo it beforehand (needed more money to include the Chase RS) but the one that went ahead was the app. Website didn't seem any different though, except for autopopulating the Scottish BS account number as the reference.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.