We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
5% is better than many of us will have as our best available easy access rate.
2 -
I was about to ask the very same question…..very underwhelming!
1 -
Amount of maturing funds in October. I still have in the region of £1,000 with nowhere to go and don’t chase EA rates, so 5% is an improvement. Would have passed had withdrawals not been allowed, as I expect to empty it (and Darlington) into higher payers in the coming months. I also wouldn’t go to the faff of setting up with a new institution for it, but as I already had Mon BS app access, it took less than a minute to open.
No please wait screen this time, which either means they’ve improved the process or the 5% isn’t attracting many applicants.
0 -
I was contemplating to ignore it but as I have already more than pushed my luck with 5% easy access accounts and still have a little spare cash, I have opened and funded it. It will be worth an extra tenner in interest, enough for me to bother.
0 -
So that's £250 with somewhere to go. Where are you putting the rest?
I've got the thick end of £10k maturing later this month, think it's going into Oxbury 5.1% (good until Xmas) unless there's better?
I've been trying to cut down on the sub 6% RSs because simplicity, don't really want more.
0 -
Scottish BS RS Account matures 5 October. E-mail received 21 September with instructions to phone "by 02/10/2006". I am never sure if "by" means before the start or end of the day, but never mind "due to a colleague event all of our phone lines and relationship centres are closed today".
Going to be extracting funds from the resulting instant access account next week.
0 -
My thinking is exactly the same.
0 -
Any idea why you need to phone? Nominated account not set up?
My RS matured yesterday, xformed into EA, online (app) withdrawal request to nominated account (leaving a tenner) was actioned before midday.
1 -
It's easy access, so if you've used up everything else at 5% and above you might as well
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?0 -
Saffron EA if I have to (have Saffron, Skipton and Family BS Market Tracker) but will be open to further easy to open 5%+ RS through October. November I go back to 6% min.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


