We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
I've tried to redo my standing order to Chorley with the new account number, but my current account isn't recognising the sort code
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?0 -
Yes but they couldn't verify me electronically even though a dozen other providers have done so in the last few years. I just didn't respond further so they sent a letter and several emails, which makes it surprising that they are ignoring you.
0 -
I wise man once said "Don't just something, sit there."
This may be one of those occasions.
If they're doing a major re-vamp of their computer services it's quite possible this may have been temporarily affected as well.
0 -
The changeover doesn't take effect until 3rd August, so I doubt if COP will recognise the new account number until then.
0 -
The changeover doesn't take effect until 3rd August, so I doubt if COP will recognise the new account number until then.
0 -
Apologies, my comment should have said "Don't just do something, sit there."
Occasionally, it is better to wait rather than simply act - timing being everything, and some activities only adding to the problem.
0 -
Sort code, not account number. I don't do CoP, anyway.
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?0 -
That's fine, I can wait. Just wanted to sort the standing order out in good time. But if the sort code isn't changing, I'm not sure why my bank suddenly doesn't recognise it
I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?1 -
Why can't these companies just stop changing account details 😖. Ecology, Chorley and I feel like there have been others changing sort code and account number not that long ago. It's such a pain.
(Thanks for letting us know, nothing against you of course!)
If you want me to definitely see your reply, please tag me @forumuser7 Thank you.
N.B. (Amended from Forum Rules): You must investigate, and check several times, before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my content, as nothing I post is advice, rather it is personal opinion and is solely for discussion purposes. I research before my posts, and I never intend to share anything that is misleading, misinforming, or out of date, but don't rely on everything you read. Some of the information changes quickly, is my own opinion or may be incorrect. Verify anything you read before acting on it to protect yourself because you are responsible for any action you consequently make... DYOR, YMMV etc.2 -
Suffolk
Online worked instantly as an existing customer (my first account with them was a postal one.)
I have also applied for a postal account via email, filling out the application form found online. That took longer due to me overlooking the email that told me it hadn't been delivered as the message size was too large.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

