We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…427428430432433…665

Comments

  • surreysaver
    surreysaver Posts: 5,497
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    No, you can withdraw from Monmouthshire Regular Saver Issue 8 anyway,, ergo it's an easy access account.

    But today's Sunday, so nothing will happen today. If you don't need the money, wait for it to mature

    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 4,601
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I only missed the first Fairer Share (due to missing the current account funding requirement in one month.) Which in later years would have qualified as they moved to two out of three months. I always kept £100 in an Easy Access when I didn't have the RS, but I was trying not to open RS that I wouldn't use.

    It worked out well in terms of being an easy one to fill a gap during a quiet RS time (I have a lot more RS open now due to setting them up to take Monmouthshire funds over August and September.)

  • friolento
    friolento Posts: 4,354
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Some people can't be helped.

  • ToastLady
    ToastLady Posts: 779
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    I put the headline into Brave search and AI apparently agrees with The Sunday Times. 👎️

  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 30,787
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 2 August at 12:21PM

    The level of financial illiteracy in Jack Simpson's opinion piece for the ST is quite astounding. Not just about the regular savers, but also the commentary about cash ISAs.

    I wonder how many of his readers actually have a large lump sum they can lock away for a year without any access.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.