We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
You just need to register via the website. The only detail you'd need is your account number so hopefully you have a record of that somewhere else - perhaps there was a welcome email or letter.
1 -
Monmouthshire maturity …
Ah, not just me then 🤦♀️🤣
Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty0 -
Would have had if I hadn't made an effort to spread them out. My last Skipton matured last August, but I waited until New Years' Eve to open another knowing there was a consistent record of availability. This will fund January's payments. Furness 160th November, Cambridge and Dudley Festive also December, Nationwide end of January (first time I had opened one of those since their 8% offering of 2023), February Mansfield and a Suffolk (the latter funding March.) I refreshed Monmouthshire to fund April, May will be the allowed withdrawal from Furness Summer 2027, June Teachers, July Bucks/Halifax.
29 RS at the minute, 3 of which are open ended.
1 -
Tipton
A big thank you to whoever mentioned emailing an application form as an existing member. I went for the snail mail option, posted the application form Tuesday, second class, account was showing in the app yesterday, first payment made with COP this morning and all credited by this afternoon.
Great work Tipton
Save £12k in 2022 #54 reporting for duty0 -
On the subject of Tipton, I checked my app tonight and 7p interest had been added. Anyone else with a similar glitch? They don't pay interest monthly do they?
0 -
Tipton's app has been slightly glitchy of late, I've got a savings account with them that shows on there twice, it has for the last week or so, exactly the same account numbers and balances, everything else works fine. Their IT team are investigating.
0 -
If it's the 125 year RS:
interest is paid gross and added to the account on 31 July and again on maturity
2 -
I think you've misunderstood (or I've explained it badly), I've got quite a few maturing October as well, all the ones you've mentioned.
Its after that there is a chasm, nothing major for months.
0 -
Literally got nothing the first few months of 2027 and I open things asap too, just mine seem to be quite concentrated (especially in terms of amounts) over the next few months.
Never mind, just wondered if there had been a dearth of RS between around Dec-April, especially if companies had focused on ISAs.
0 -
I've got most of them bar Teachers but as the likes of Suffolk are quite low rates (comparitively) there isn't much in them.
Opened a few accounts lately with a view to eventually hopefully qualifying for member/loyalty rates such as Chorley, Mansfield, Manchester, Cambridge.
Sure at some point things will even out, as I say I just wondered if this sounded familar.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


