We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
I have successfully downgraded my Halifa RS, closed the EA and opened the new RS @8%, thanks to info and help on ths thread.
I have decided to leave my others ( Club Lloyds RS, Lloyds MS and BoS RS ) well alone. I don't think having one Lloyds RS @8% is going to be preferable to the two I have, especially as they will mature in March and go into my next year's ISA. The interest will be taxed at 20% rather than 22%.
2 -
Did you register for online banking as part of the registration?
0 -
It all seemed part of the process - I gave them a new UserID name and password, and they've sent email saying I'll get an activation code in the post. I'd want to use online banking for it anyway, to arrange what happens to funds after 12 months.
1 -
That almost looks like they're debanking you albeit in slow motion. Do you currently have any account with any provider from L:BG?
0 -
Lloyds
So it seems that you can open their RS without having any accounts with them..
Have to wait for them to post out a code for internet banking. Have the account details to fund already. Is there any way of seeing the balance after funding, or do I have to wait for the internet banking code in the post?
HalifaxCan't open one it seems as a new customer :( Anybody found a way around this yet?
Will I be able to open one once I have my Lloyds online banking details?
1 -
Bank of Scotland
I take it you need to open a current account with them for their RS?
0 -
no, I don’t have one nor did I apply for one but opened and funded a RS yesterday.
I did have online access though from back in the day so just logged in and opened the new account
0 -
That's what it says in the terms and conditions, however if you already have a Halifax login it is possible to create a BoS login and open the account as an existing customer without holding a current account with them.
0 -
1 x Club Lloyds, 2 x Lloyds Classic Current Accounts (Club Lloyds with 100 GBP interest free overdraft)
3 x Halifax Rewards Current Account (2 x 100 GBP interest free overdraft)
1 x MBNA Credit Card with 8k limit at zero balance (closure requested this morning after receipt of texts)
1 -
That makes it ever more strange. The texts you received are akin to what they send when LBG decide to de-bank someone however that's not what is happening. Clearly they're happy with having you as a customer as you've got a few accounts with them but for some reason, they're not happy with you having some of their other accounts.
Weird.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


