We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread

1…358359361363364…627

Comments

  • Digital_Payback
    Digital_Payback Posts: 228 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    I renewed my RS account to a Lloyds Easy Saver just now.
    Logging out and back in a couple of times my old Lloyds Monthly Saver was still showing as the monthly saver, even though it was now an Easy Saver.

    I had previously renamed the old Lloyds Monthly Saver, so went into the menu where it offers the option to rename the account, and I reset it to the original name. The old Monthly Saver account then showed as an Easy Saver.
    Maybe you renamed your monthly saver too?

    Digital Payback

    The National Lottery : A tax on those who aren’t good at maths.
  • kermchem
    kermchem Posts: 284 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic

    Apply for a BoS online profile using the sort code and account number of a Halifax account. Once you have s profile you can apply for a BoS account

  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    I go to the BOS reg saver page, click apply and when asked if I already have a profile I click no, otherwise it takes me to the login page where username and pass from Halifax are returning the error message of it not being recognised. If I try to apply for online banking it asks me to register with a

    • current or savings account
    • loan
    • mortgage
    • credit card
    • share dealing account
    • home insurance policy

    If I say no, I don't have joined login details I can enter all details but get the above. I do not have any BOS products so that won't work, unless a Halifax current account number would be enough but not tried it. I don't want to risk many attempts as the system may flag it as suspicious behaviour.

  • jaypers
    jaypers Posts: 1,346 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Bit confused seeing as pre-requisite is to have a BOS current account. Is it really worth the risk?

  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 14 July at 10:33PM

    Always depends on risk appetite and individual circumstances, in which case the answer is yes.

    What didn't work is to renew the 5.5% Halifax saver for an Everyday Saver. It did open the Everyday Saver but the regular saver is still there and operable, even after a log out and log in via online banking and app. Maybe it is too late in the day and it now takes an overnight run ut doubt it as both accounts have a different account number. Never renewed an acocunt before so maybe I just to ***** for that. Everything is possible.

    Won't be funding any reg saver until at least tomorrow or even Thusday/Friday anyhow. Don't want to put money in and receive tomorrow a lovely text that the account is closed, frozen, blocked or whatever.

  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,490 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    If you are renewing the Halifax regular, it should turn into an Everyday saver with the same sortcode and account number as the Regular saver.

    If you are seeing both, do they both have the same sort code and account number?

  • pecunianonolet
    pecunianonolet Posts: 2,133 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 14 July at 10:43PM

    I see both, same sort code, entirely different account numbers. Maye I am too late and LBG IT has been on it, who knows. I also got an email telling me my Everyday Saver account is now open.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.