We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
You need to renew not close, it's one of the options when you try to open a new savings account in the app.
1 -
I closed BOS via chat and will wait for it to disappear overnight so I can open the 8% one when I am having my breakfast. Nothing to lose really, plenty of places offering around 5.5% for their regular savers if unsuccessful.
3 -
Halifax RS application as new customer.
This is the endless loop that myself and @fuzzzzy referred to on page 352. I could be worth you (re)reading on from that point to see a variety of opinions.
There are two different camps of opinion since then. One that says that as a new customer you just can't do it. That is what I was told by Halifax CS during an inquiry on behalf of Mrs Bobblehat (who is not a customer of any LBG bank flavour) …. and a second opinion that what I was told by CS was a load of BS (if you pardon my French)! This 2nd opinion is backed up by the T&Cs and what is printed (implied?) on the Halifax webpages so should not be quickly dismissed!
Take your pick on which is correct.
Just one thing, I've not seen anyone on many, many pages recently here, that has confirmed that as new customer they've successfully applied for a Halifax 8% RS using the Halifax online application system. I will bow to anyone who can point me to where I've missed that amongst the many posts …. and claim old age as an excuse. 😀
Compiler of the RS League Table.
https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6670416/how-many-regular-savers-do-you-have-the-league-table/p15 -
Sorted - thank you!
0 -
All sorted, a trio of 8%ers.
I used the laptop not app to apply for a new savings account, when it asked if I had a Lloyds group login I said yes. But instead of logging in I tried to register for internet banking. I then used my Lloyds current account details and basically registered for BoS.
It displayed my Lloyds and Halifax accounts and let me open a BoS RS in 3 clicks. Very easy!
4 x 8% RSs is a week. Magical!
1 -
Halifax and Lloyds
The "Renew" function in the android app is
Select Apply > Savings+ > next to last item.
3 -
Online only I believe
0 -
So you managed to open the BOS under a new profile, leaving the old BOS in place? This can work if your existing BOS profile isn't linked to the others (mine have all been linked together, but I got lucky as I was running down my RS and didn't have any LBG ones when these were launched).
My comment was more around getting renew to work, rather than finding a way around the need to renew.
1 -
No, see Descrabled post
0 -
You probably won't need to wait. If you run into difficulties, then log out and back in to update everything. I think the name displayed is just cosmetic though and won't block you.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
