We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
RS newbie questions here.
I opened the Lloyds RS today and have funded it manually with £250. The £250 appeared in the app pretty quickly, so all good so far.
However, all it shows me is the balance, not the date that I funded it (today). I intend to fund it every month by manual transfer each month.
Presumably my next opportunity to fund it will be the 14th Aug? Also, do I need to note today's date so I know when I can next fund it, since there is no date entry for today's deposit?
0 -
Do you have any existing Halifax products? If the answer is no, then that is the reason.
2 -
No, these RS can be funded every calendar month. So you can fund again on 1st Aug.
3 -
My guess is that Halifax no longer has any accounts that can be opened by new customers. The wording for all accounts says you can open them in the Halifax app, or follow this link that leads you to Lloyds. Happy to be proved wrong.
3 -
Lloyds Regular Savers - sorry if I've missed it I've at CLMS and LMS both were opened in January this year - both funded up to July. My question is do I have to close one of them? What happens if I don't - will Lloyds close one of them?
0 -
There is no suggestion existing terms won't be honoured until maturity. If you wanted an 8% Lloyds RS, then you'd need to close both, otherwise you can run them to maturity.
0 -
Just to confirm:
If I close my Lloyds 6.25% regular saver I’ll be able open the Lloyds 8% regular saver?0 -
Ok thank you for the information I've never read so many posts getting a bit jaded now l think. Cheers.
0 -
You will have to wait 12 months since you opened your 6.25 RS
1 -
Thanks for the update.
That’s nonsense from Lloyds!0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
