We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
As a rule of thumb I personally treat every 1% increase in interest on a typical £250 a month 12month regular saver as worth £13 to me after tax. Minimum adult wage is £12.71 an hour so it’s not always worth the effort if it takes hours or reading the forum for ages. But for nearly 3% yes it’s worth the effort for Halifax but not to me for my Club Lloyds and Lloyds monthly savers as can only have one after ‘renewing’ and you have to put the capital somewhere at say 4% in the meantime. Just for perspective.
5 -
Very much my thinking. I renewed Halifax, but left both Lloyds to run to maturity. Only 3 months on one, 4 on the other.
2 -
This worked great for both my Lloyds & Halifax RSs, now to figure out the BOS one...
0 -
Renew don't close
1 -
You may not be able to. If you are one of the unlucky folk who gets the error, there doesn't seem to be a way around it. Something specific to our profiles.
2 -
I didn't know that, I followed he old LBG "refresh" procedure and logged out and back in again for no reason😀 I also noticed that "upgrade" was replaced with "renew". Good to see the improvements.
0 -
CLUB LLOYDS Monthly Saver RS 8%
May I check is there any reason you would need to close both Club Lloyds Monthly Saver 6.25% and Monthly Saver 5.25 % accounts? to open the 8% account? As I am thinking to close only my Club Lloyds Monthly Saver 6.25% but I am wondering if I do not close my 5.25% account then I may not be able to open the 8% account?
0 -
You cannot open either of the 8% RS if you already hold an existing Lloyds RS.
2 -
Lloyds now only allow one Lloyds brand RS accounts, so if you don't close both you may not be allowed to open the new 8% one.
3 -
I don’t see a renew option in my Lloyds app.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
