We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
The Top Regular Savers Discussion Thread
Comments
-
Re Halifax new regular saver
Does this one run by month or calendar month, ie if I fund today can I then fund again 1st August up to and including 1st July?
0 -
Month…..so you can top up on the 1st.
4 -
Halifax
Just successfully opened mine 1 hour ago. I don't have the APP, used desktop/online banking with no issues.
1 -
I think the key question here is ‘were you already registered with online banking?’
1 -
I had a cheeky go at trying to open Lloyds RS (I just though there could be a 0.01% of chance that the system fails to recognise that I already have Club 6,25%😀. It obviously didn't show 8% RS, neither did it show any BoS accounts. Only Lloyds.
0 -
Personally I would open all that you can. The 8% rate is fixed for a year and is not to be missed. Apart from an initial opening deposit, you can miss future payments and/or add funds as and when you can for 12 months.
0 -
Halifax
Yes, already registered with online banking.
0 -
Halifax RS - Minimum £25 each month - “The amount that you save each month needs to stay between the £25 to £250 monthly limit.”
0 -
There is no requirement to pay something in every month, you can choose to miss as many months as you wish, but if you choose to pay in then it needs to be an amount between £25 and £250 inclusive.
0 -
New BoS Customer
I've managed to create a login for BoS using my Halifax details, not having had any BoS accounts before. Will sort out opening and funding RS tomorrow as I've also opened Halifax and Lloyds RS for OH as he had neither before. All new accounted out for one day.
Make £2026 in 2026
Prolific £231.51, Octopoints £4.60, Tesco Clubcard challenges £38.80, Airtime £10 TCB £225.19, Everup £77.04, Roadkill £1.77, Zopa CB £30, Misc £10.11,
Total £629.02 31%Make £2025 in 2025 Total £2241.23/£2025 110.7%
Prolific £1062.50, Octopoints £6.64, TCB £492.05, Tesco Clubcard challenges £89.90, Misc Sales £321, Airtime £70, Shopmium £53.06, Everup £106.08, Zopa CB £30, Misc survey £10
Make £2024 in 2024 Total £1410 70%Make £2023 in 2023 Total: £2606.33 128.8%0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
