We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING
Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
Comments
-
thats lovely florenceem
22: 3🏅 4⭐ 23: 5🏅 6 ⭐ 24 1🏅 2⭐ 25 🏅 🥈2⭐ 26 🥈 Never save something for a special occasion. Every day is a special occasion. The diff between what you were yesterday and what you'll be tomorrow is what you do today Well organised clutter is still clutter - Joshua Becker If youre not already using a thing you won't start using it more by shoving it in a cupboard- AJMoney The barrier standing between you & what youre truly capable of isnt lack of info, ideas or techniques. The secret is 'do it'11 -
Afternoon, @florenceem what a wonderful bestie and her family alongside the many J's!
Dropped off CS bag today adding a duvet cover (new), alarm clock (from DD2), a posh dress that I will never wear and a vintage riding jacket, I did add things yesterday but can't recall what and I'm sure I dropped off a bag to CS yesterday but my brain is frazzled! Also bag of textiles included. 3 more textiles added to recycling bag, and 3 large serving bowls just collected. 7 cables/chargers put in bag for the donation hub. I item sold but will count when posted which won't be today.
Booked flights for my trip later this summer but my delays meant couldn't go where I want but its find it will still be an adventure.
Trying to write a complaint letter but too many parts to it so taking a break.
Emails deleted and some photos, each time I look up emails any near by which look irrelevant to my current life go.
Giving myself 25 as certain I've left things off. And paper declutter to make 26
14 -
Sorted the cupboard as i waited for the cake to bake
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Debt Free Wannabe boards and spending & discounts boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Debt owed;Abound - £2256.89/£8,854.76
DFW Challenges!
365 Day 1p Challenge 2026 #9 £104.30
Pay off all your debts by Christmas 2026! #14 £1918/£8854.76
Make £2026 in 2026! £602.40/£2026
Savings goal £162.79/£100017 -
Your cupboard didn't look too bad to start with ro me @blueJ94 hope the cake was yummy.
GC 2022 = £3154.96 , 2023 = £3334. 841
2024 = £.3221.81 , 2025 = £3974.24 . 2026 £ 2493.92/£3500, October £26.74/£200
Decluttering campaign. 2026. 42/74 storage places, book cases, drawers cupboards and sheds. Also tidying / clearing front and back gardens , giving bathroom and kitchen a bit of a spruce up. Me🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐⭐ ⭐DH🏅🏅🏅
Make £600 in 2026 = £876. 79
NSD in M = 18, J = 15, J = 15 S10 aug
Ocrober /1513 -
remembered I put a watch in the CS bag too 28
When I came home there was a leaflet from a removal firm offering to quote…..
Felt like I'd made progress with letting go of things and I notice space in some drawers but then I look round and think so far still to go.. although I recognise significant progress. DD2 is going to bin her duvet which is falling apart and taking one of my stash which is good.
Out for a (hopefully) shady walk with a friend and tomorrow evening out with both DDs for a meal which should be good as rare to be together.
Hope everyone is surviving the heat ok, and able to stay safe for the week ahead x
15 -
- Daily To Do List - written the night before
- Sort out sleep patterns - initial targets: bed by 03:00, up by 10:30
- Don’t put it down, put it away + deal with mini tasks as soon as they are noticed e.g. refill olive pourer or salt cellar, stitch up a hole in a garment etc.
- Commence ‘Operation Financial Frog Tickling’ using the acronym - I.R.I.S. (Identify, Research, Implement, Sign Off) - One per quarter
- Continue to keep kitchen clean & tidy - before going to bed
- Plan & Execute ONE Major Project - 2026 New Bathroom
- Target 2026 items out
Sunday is set to be another hot but cloudy day with a forecast high of 28°C, low of 17°C & a light WNW breeze. I forgot to mention that once I have gone through my own sewing materials, I will be combining mine with the items from M & will make a large donation to the CS. I also forgot to mention that DH & I finally shared a can of strawberry daiquiri to toast M - not as bad as we feared but suspect that it tastes nothing like the real thing 😉 We will try to find somewhere for a real one which we believe might set our teeth on edge 😅 Now it is time to catch up with the cheerleading, wish me luck 😉
weenancy, lovely story & very wise parents 🥹 Your sister should be happy - she saved a fortune 🙊
TC77, I have exactly the same problem - for every 5 items I pick up 1 gets put away, 1 is either recycled, binned or added to CS bag & the other 3 are returned to the same place to decide on later 😞 Sadly my decluttering mojo has been missing for a while, so I need to give myself a good talking to + a swift kick up the backside & just get on with it 🤞 I know I will feel so much better once I get started properly 😊
GrannyKate, just wondering if your children are as interested in genealogy as their Mum 🤔 or if the cemetery visits put them off 😉 Hope your great niece did well at her swimming competition 😊 Good luck in your search for a comfortable & suitable office chair 🍀
florianatwobob, a touching tale & rather spooky 👻 I agree with you that “Grandad was sending a meteorological message from the ‘other side’………..” 🥹
Florenceem, what a lovely memory of MrF 🥹 A busy Saturday 👏 It sounds like most of the decorating & carpet laying should be finished by the end of the week 🤩
Liverpool_Anne, great work in the conservatory 👏 The golf balls of unknown origin got me thinking that gremlins do exist & they pop in & add random items to our clutter 😂 Excellent work starting the emptying of the storage on your phone 👏 Good luck with future sessions 🍀 Yes it was Cape Verde - the team played like they enjoyed football & so were a pleasure to watch 😊
vulpix, you were correct I looked up Jenkin Chapel - very interesting church & cemetery 😊 I love the story of the bigamist 😉- though I do feel very sorry for both his families having to sort out the mess 🥺 MrV has done such an impressive job 🤩 although I can understand that he is not quite ready to let the last of his equipment go 😞 but giving away a few more bits to his friend shows that he is getting there 😊 Great work by MrV on cutting down the lilac trees & tidying up afterwards 👏 Yikes to the locksmith cost 😱 - I got distracted from the cheerleading - let’s see £158 for a minutes work 🤔 say £75 call out fee, £25 for the new lock which means £3480 ph
Apologies 😔 As to HMRC how appalling - bullying a person for being honest 😖
Excellent decluttering Wednesday2000 👏 a medal 🏅 is on its way.
Great news florianatwobob 👏
Excellent work in the garden Soontobeoap 👏
Brie, I think you are being a tad harsh on yourself after all you have only just got back from your holiday 😊
Broke off here to help DH find some boxes & crates in the loft - success as there were 3 easily accessible crates & 2 unmade cardboard boxes 👏 Unfortunately poor DH is now suffering as it was hotter than Hades & he forgot to put a mask on 🥺 He is now out front cutting out dead wood from next doors hedge & has managed to clear his lungs & only be hot rather than boiling 😮💨 P.S. the clouds have cleared & it is now very sunny ☺️ DH has binned a broken hose watering gun (1063)
Florenceem, how lovely to have surprise visitors 🥹 even though it did delay the completion of Arthur who is gorgeous 😍
BlueJ94, hope Sunday isn’t too hot so that you can enjoy your 3 boot sales 🤞
Florenceem, that looks delicious 😋
Lovely to see you QueenJess 👋 A long list - you have been busy 👏🤩 Excellent numbers on your ‘Use It Up’ project 👏 well over halfway so a Gold Star ⭐️ is on its way 😊
Soontobeoap, more impressive work in the garden 👏
BlueJ94, looks tasty 🤤
Florenceem what a beautiful gift 🥹
Deb4, excellent news about the sales 👏 Sorry to hear that your employers are being so unsympathetic 😔 Those courses sound interesting 🧐
Excellent decluttering TC77 👏 You are on a roll ☺️ Good luck writing your complaint letter 🍀
Great work BlueJ94 👏
I hope everyone is having as good a day as possible & I will see you later 👋
MrsSD Awards: 💐 🙏💐💐🌟⭐️❤️💐💐⭐️💐❤️ ⭐️🎖️🥇⭐️⭐️⭐️
DH Awards: 🏅🏅🏅🏅⭐️
DSis Awards: 🏅
Decluttering Target 2026: 1063/2026
1p Savings Challenge Running Total: £226.61
Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. ⭐️2026 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £463.16
Jan £5.00 Feb £12.75 Mch £23.25 Apr £32 May £42.16 Jun £49.95 July £61.50 Aug £71 Sep £75.55 Oct £90 Nov £ Dec £ Grand Total £16 -
-
I am shattered. Couldn’t paint yesterday as unwell. Today I was determined to get on with it. All the glossing is done down to a short bit in the hall and a daft bit alongside the stairs. If my legs allow, that will all be done tomorrow while the washing is on.
I have a small, I think it’s rubber wood, unit with the raffia type drawers which has to be Decluttered before it goes back in the hall.
Dinner for both was freezer. My goal is to empty one freezer and clean and defrost it, move things from other freezer over and repeat til the three are done.
Sold on Vinted. That will go tomorrow.
@Florenceem that picture is such a lovely memory for you, how kind of your friends daughter.Have a good night all, sweet dreams xx
Saving 1 animal wont change the world - but it will change the world for that 1 animal
2026 Frugal Living Challenge
2026 DECLUTTERING CAMPAIGN Mrs SD - our Year of Redistribution
26 for 202612 -
Oops I have been absent till I think March - work has gone from bad to worse and sadly so has my resolve to declutter the house. Enough I say. I cannot change the work situation but I can change the house situation.
Today I have done two 26 minute sessions - one in the bathrooms, one in the kitchen (braving the fridge eek)
Best find? hopefully my mojo
Well done everyone who has carried on, please excuse me for not catching up on the amazing thread
20*26 for 2026: 370 / 52020 -
Saturday,3 more trips to the tip with the lilac forest. The end is in sight with it. I did 3 hours weeding, half of the garden done now.
Sunday, lilac forest is no more, 2 tip trips completed. Probably 3 more trips to the tip to do. I did 4 hours weeding. Gosh it's hard going but hopefully will never be as hard again. Gardeners bingo card filled. Couch grass, mares tail. bind weed, broken glass, cinders, bits of brick. Luckily don't have ground elder. Another 4 hours should do it. The front garden is starting to look like a cultivated space. I have decided to put in a path next. Should keep me out of trouble for weeks.
Spending so much time outside means the house needs a tidy.
Loving the photos and posts.
Mrs SD, the full charge was £100 odd . No new lock needed he just wiggled a skeleton key about in the lock and he was in!
Very thoughtful gift Florenceem.
Off down South tomorrow.
Vx
:17
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





