We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Save £12k in 2026 challenge (or any other amount to challenge yourself!)

1…4041424345

Comments

  • #22 declaring £4,000.00 for September 2026.

    Moving my easy access ISA to a new provider for a better rate meant the interest earned to date was paid to the new provider rather than waiting until April 2027.

  • Savingin26
    Savingin26 Posts: 11 Forumite
    10 Posts

    Morning,


    Number 33 - September total is £3024


    Thanks for running the spreadsheet

  • Sandyra
    Sandyra Posts: 347 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Cashback Cashier

    #32 here

    £500 extra for August and £1000 for September*

    *
    I’ll probably be back to update September with some birthday money.

    Thanks for managing

    MFW 26 #32 £7,468.31/£6,000; MFW 25 #32 £9,594.51/£3,000; MFW 24 #32 £4,217.84/£3,000; MFW 23 #32 £5,238.84/£4,000; MFW 22 #32 £8,246.43/£8,000; MFW 21 #32 £8,982.73/£8,000; MFW 20 #32 £12,000/£6,000

    Save £12k in 2026 #32 £16,625/£18,000; Save £12k in 2025 #48 £20,000/£14,000; Save £12k in 2024 #26 £13,055.37/£6,000; Save £12k in 2023 #31 £11,500/£6,000; Save £12k in 2022 #32 £7,180.24/£7,000; Save £12k in 2021 #32 £9,500/£8,000; Save £12k in 2020 #147 £9,370/£8,000

  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,371 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    #2 £463.33 for me in September. Back from hols last night and I have just done a quick scoot round the banks. Just off to change the conditional formatting on the spreadsheet now 75% of the year is done.

    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,373.14 in 8 months, against a £10k target The 2026 Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I am sticking with a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1,959.37 to the end of August. This is too high if there is to be anything lovely for Xmas.
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2026 discussion thread
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • James240
    James240 Posts: 16,399 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    i have absolutly smashed the target I set myself for this year!!! Managed to save £2,000 this month which now means I have saved £11,490.38 in approx 6 or 7 months!!! !!!! I am so pleased with what I have achieved, it is unreal!!!

    it has been a lot of hard work, working pretty much 7 days a weeks and I will continue working like this until the end of the year to get more money behind me!

    Savings Total so far for 2026: £9490.38/£10,000
  • t2rry
    t2rry Posts: 1,117 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    #17 t2rry reporting £2,000 for October please

    Debt Free I FFEF I Building Savings I 2026 Plan:
    1. 25/26 Pension £3,100/£3,100
    2. Regular Savings £6,890/£6,900
    3. Slush Fund £11,760/£10,000

    Save £12k in 2026 - #17 - £21,750/£20,000 (109%)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 11,371 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Save £12k in 2026 #2 I have banked £10,373.14 in 8 months, against a £10k target The 2026 Save £12k in 2026 thread is here
    OS Grocery Challenge in 2026 I am sticking with a £3000 annual budget for 2026 - currently £1,959.37 to the end of August. This is too high if there is to be anything lovely for Xmas.
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the grow your own in 2026 discussion thread
    My keep within our budget diary is here
  • geordiejon
    geordiejon Posts: 303 Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper

    #9 putting in £1,700 for october that should get me to my total, going to post for november which will be my last month this year.

    thanks Suffolk_lass for running this again and hope you will be doing again in 2027.

  • time2change_2
    time2change_2 Posts: 77 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    #10 declaring £692.89 for September.

    Were has the year gone.

    Thanks for running this thread.

    Declutter 2024 :277

    Save £12k: #47 £4757.58/£12000

    Grocery challenge: £2080 pa, bulk buy £520 pa
  • sonas_baby
    sonas_baby Posts: 255 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    #7 reporting £604 for September. Not bad considering new roof was paid for this month.

    It is the job that is never started that takes the longest to finish. Tolkien.
    Save 12k in 2025 No 18 365 1p challenge 2025 No 2
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.