We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Living Large, on a Small Income, by the Sea.

1…145146147148150

Comments

  • PennysIntoPounds
    PennysIntoPounds Posts: 7,406 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper

    Sorry if I misunderstood, didn't mean to sound patronising! Just thinking out loud in case it helped you clarify your thinking on it 🙂

    I haven't noticed an increase in my online advertising since starting using it and haven't received spam to that email address

    Have a terrific Tuesday 🍻

  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 26,232 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    My Lid! box was heavy on fruit too, it's fair to say I won't be buying apples or satsumas for a while 😆

    I don't sell on Vinted either, it's just not worth the hassle for me. I sold a few bits on eBay in the past but it's a lot of work for little return unless you've got something very popular to sell. I just donate my stuff to charity shops now. I admire those who do well out of it though.

    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping) -.literally have been run over by a bike, mobility scooter and a car - still here 💪
  • in_need_of_direction
    in_need_of_direction Posts: 8,423 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    can I ask, what are the moth thingies.

    June 2026, Mortgage free, Emergency fund fully funded & £200/200 cash maximum pb holding .:jWeight 12st challenge 11st 2lb

    Gift to children challenge £40k in 2 years. Short term gift challenge 7 presents and $1300 can by September.

    Determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection. I’m not perfect but I’m good enough.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6673398/hopefully-cruising-with-focus-towards-retirement#latest
  • janb5
    janb5 Posts: 2,708 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 8 March at 1:39AM

    I always follow my mother`s mantra on cake sharing. One person cuts and one person chooses. This stops life being unfair re cake!

  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,283 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I hope you're ok and just too busy getting on with living to update on here. Wishing you a lovely relaxing weekend.

         
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper

    Thinking of you and hoping life is treating you well.

    (((hugs))) XXX

    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

    Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

    happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • WelshmansDaughter
    WelshmansDaughter Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper

    Just hoping everything is alright and you will be back soon. Slightly worried now as you usually let us know when you are off having adventures.

  • Tresinia511
    Tresinia511 Posts: 428 Forumite
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper

    Wd, I've often thought this. When someone stops posting, there's no way of knowing why

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.