We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Goals, hopes and dreams

1…4567810»

Comments

  • I had an appointment with an HSBC financial wellbeing advisor this morning which I think is another name for a financial advisor. She told me I could borrow 115k roughly. Unadvisable I think.

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • Having a lovely holiday already. Am feeling 50% less stressed already. We cooked a lovely stew last night and had a lovely active morning this morning. I want to do my knitting but I need some new needles. It’s going to get colder. I must help my mum do some jobs around the house.

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • Just listening to my favourite World music show on radio 6.

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • Just drinking some fizzy water. Going to try and persuade my mum to watch a film on Netflix after dinner. French or Chinese I think.

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • I’m feeling really ground down from working. I’m getting to the point where I don’t feel fully recovered on my holidays. Advice from anyone who has managed the elusive work/ life balance very welcome!

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • I only did one unit of the PA course as it was narrated by AI. I found it very uninteresting.

    Anyway I’m going to start a new diary in the debt free section as I now have some debt again.

    Hastings Direct 4775.99

    La Redoute 676.21

    Barclaycard 295.20

  • Hi @itsthelittlethings

    Have a re-read of your posts and compare your situation now to nearly a year ago.

    In March 2025 you had approx £1400 over two credit cards and £2750 in savings but then you paid off the credit cards with savings, not sure what happened to the balance of savings?

    In Feb 2026, you have £1910 in credit cards and overdraft, £100 in your emergency funds, no other savings. Poss more in the overdraft as you mentioned using the wrong card when paying £18 for lunch in your other thread.

    Even if your overdraft is free, it's not a good idea to think of it as extra spending money until payday, which is how you seem to view it.

  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 10,925 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Mortgage-free Glee!
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them

    Emergency fund 1400/1000
    Buffer fund 100/100
    Debt Free (again) 25/07/2025
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.