We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Goals, hopes and dreams
My goals are to put the majority of my regular saver in an ISA when it matures.
I would like to do a course to become a PA as you can earn decent money that way. I've seen a one day course for £500. I already do a bit of PA work as a receptionist/administrator. I don't particularly like the gendered aspect of it but plus ca change.
Anyway, super tired today. Spending today £6.50 cards, £1.99 PDF converter, £69.99 bike service, £2.79 Lidl, £2.25 Starbucks, £2.00 Tescos, £2.90 coffee.
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
Comments
-
I don't really have the finesse to be a PA. Also I don't like dealing with important people. Might need to get another dream 🙂
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
1 -
There are lots of free online PA/secretarial type courses available. Many professional services firms (accountancy, legal, financial) provide specific job related training, as well as good pay benefits.0
-
Hello. What are you plans for savings? Are you are homeowner? Do you have pension arrangements in place? How does your budget compare with your income? Sorry about all the questions but I am a sucker for detail lol!
Take care with those minor daily spends on coffee etc... They soon mount up!0 -
I'll try and find a free PA course, I need to tidy my flat first though. Spends today £7 Starbucks, £5 crochet hook, £4 bus, £18 food shopping.
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
0 -
I have pension arrangements in place. I think things are going to be a bit slimmer after retirement though sadly.[Deleted User] said:Hello. What are you plans for savings? Are you are homeowner? Do you have pension arrangements in place? How does your budget compare with your income? Sorry about all the questions but I am a sucker for detail lol!
Take care with those minor daily spends on coffee etc... They soon mount up!
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
0 -
Today is an absolute no spend day. I am going to achieve this by not leaving the house and trying not to online shop. I'm cleaning and tidying. I'm going to take everything off the sides in my kitchen and clean all the crumbs off, extremely satisfying. It's still early.
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
1 -
Cleaned my flat, it’s looking nice. I’m still tired. I had a nice dinner, it was good to actually cook properly. I have bought a course on reed.co.uk. It cost £12. It takes 5 hours. Hopefully it will pay off. I’ve done one module, I think that’s enough for the day. There are about fifteen modules.
Also spent £6.50 yoga class. Very good, would do again. I’m just watching some wildlife documentary on BBC1 and waiting for a reply on OKCupid. Should do some knitting, I’m making a brioche hat for my friend. It’ll soon be too hot to knit and I will have to move over to my new hobby of rag rugging.Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
1 -
Monday Monday as someone once said.
Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
0 -
Yesterday’s spends £2.25 oat milk, second hand £5 knitting course.
Am finally less tired after my holiday last week. Just relaxing before work. Enjoying my coffee. Greek yoghurt and blueberries for brekkie.
I’m practising keeping things in my basket before I buy them. I want a crochet hook (£5) and some t-shirt yarn (£10) to practice my crochet.
Yesterday was very tiring at work. I’m learning to use a CRM which will hopefully stand me in good stead.
The water was lukewarm yesterday. Hoping it works ok today as otherwise that is my emergency fund wiped out!Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
0 -
Spent £6.20 in Sainsbury’s this morning, bread, hot cross buns and annoyingly hair mousse as I had forgotten to do my hair before leaving the house.
Three days to the weekend. We are going out for my birthday. My mum will pay but a lot of people in the family can’t make it so I don’t feel to guilty. I need to post some shoes I have sold on the Saturday and I might go for a swim in the outdoor pool. Other than that I’ll just be reading my knitting folders (£5 second hand).Hastings Direct 4775.99
La Redoute 676.21
Barclaycard 295.20
1
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards